Bp 140/82 - plus protein in urine and swelling in hands

amyleigh89

Bun No.2 in the oven.
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Bp throughout pregnancy hasn't changed from my usual 120/70 and swelling this time round hasn't been half as bad as 1st pregnancy.

Went to routine apt last week and there was a trace of protein and bp was 140/82. Midwife came to see me at home on Friday. Bp still high but no protein. Went to see her again yesterday and hands are still mega swollen, bp high and now got plus protein in wee.

Midwife didn't seem bothered by any of this. Just told me to watch for a headache. I am in for pre ops at the hospital on Friday where I know they will take bloods etc but just worried that I could miss symptoms of pre-e just because I'm looking out for a headache.

Does anyone have any experience?

Maybe they don't think it can escalate that quickly but I thought it was quite a fast thing?

Thanks xx

I developed pre e at 38 weeks. The blood pressure you have needs to be watched, but currently is still in the upper side of the normal range. The protien is what I find worry some. Don't over work yourself and take your bp often. The second that bottom number nears 100, call your ob.

I find it a bit odd that they aren't being a bit more cautious as they are Classic symptoms of pre eclampsia! When are you next being seen? X

Make sure you keep a eye on this I had preaclampsia with my first baby and it crept up fast and gave me complications with my birth all I can say is if it gets worse keep getting checked out and be firm

Sarah

Thanks ladies. I went to hospital and spent 6 hours there today.

Blood pressure actually went down throughout the day bit traces of protein found in my urine still.

When they sent off bloods and a sample they say it was coming back as a 29... The marker is 30.

Have been told to keep an eye on symptoms but am due back Friday for all pre ops so they will see how I am then. Told to call or go in if worried.

The doctor seems to think I would develop pre-e but I don't hAve it yet. X

Thanks for your comments ladies xx

Definitely needs to be watched, but I wouldn't be too concerned yet. I had a similar experience this time around. Bp was all over the place starting around 34-35 wks. It would be high, then normal. No protein. They watched it for a couple weeks. Between weeks 35-37 my BP kept getting higher. The swelling was off the charts! When I went in for my 37 wk appt, my BP was pretty high. 156/97. Plus, I had protein. At that point, they decided to induce me.

Even after delivery, my BP kept climbing. A week after I delivered, I started having headaches. I went into the office, it was 172/108. No protein though, which is good. I've been on BP meds since then. Hopefully I won't have to be on them for very long.

I had PE and my hospitals official guidelines is a diastolic of 95 a minimum of 4 times each taken 4 hours apart, they won't diagnose off an evelvated systolic alone. The systolic pressure is much more easily influenced by nerves, stress, sleep, diet. So I'm not surprised they're not overly concerned but still keeping an eye on it. I'm not sure about what the diagnostic protein level is but it has to be lots of protein not just the presence/trace of protein.

But it's fantastic your BP went down a few times!!! When i had PE there really was NEVER a low reading my diastolics (bottom number) started at 95-100 and went up to 100-110 until i delivered at 33 weeks. I had high BP for 3 weeks and PE for 1.5 before they delivered. But being so much earlier it's a whole different ballgame with meds and trying to keep baby in and what not

If your BP gets worse you're already 38 weeks they'll just induce you :)

How often are you getting your BP checked now?

I got preE at 35weeks and it was a very quick thing for me. My Bp is traditionally low 100/60 and it shot up to 140/90. I noticed an awful headache that painkillers couldn't touch, blurred vision only in my left eye and floaters. On top of that I woke up and I couldnt clench my fist or put my chin to my chest which worried my OH not me. It was him and some ladies on here who convinced me yo phone the midwife. I was immediately admitted and put on bed rest until 37w5days where it shot up again to 145/104 and I was induced within hours.

This time ive read up on it and any of the smallest symptoms im telling my midwife as it was noy a pleasant experience. Rest up and try to get that bp lower. Relax as much as you possibly can.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts and good wishes as it really isn't nice to have.

Xxx

Must also point out that as betheny mentioned above my post that they said to me the bottom reading had to be either over 95 or they start to get a little concerned when it goes 30points over ur booking in apt on 4separate readings. They wouldnt base it off one reading alone.. I remember being hooked up to the BP monitor for hours.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->