braxton hicks and mucous plug?

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
So I'm 30w2d, and I'm having somewhat painful braxton hicks. Spoke to my doc about them and she told me that the pain is somewhat realitive, and not to worry. They aren't really painful just pretty uncomfortable. Just now I had the strongest braxton hick ever, my stomach was so hard. It didn't hurt but it lasted at least a minute and my husband couldn't believe how hard my stomach got. Right after, I lost a few bits of my plug. Should I be taking note and looking into this? I'm worried this could be a sign of early labour. Baby is wriggling as usual so I'm not worried about her. Thanks!

Maybe just keep an eye on it ... I have heard the mucus plug can come out and regenerate even early on. If you have more strong contractions it would hurt to get checked. Rather er on the side of caution :flower:

Agreed with above, get it checked out if you are concerned.

I've noticed that with the painful bh I tended to pass bits of plug or mucus. always white though. if its ever pink or blood tinged you should call your midwife x

That's been happening to me as well, but I'm further along for you I would be a little more concerned and monitor the frequency and length to make sure they aren't coming closer together.

Mine are intense, not all but about 80-90% of them are. Some last over a minute. When the are bad I have to almost breath through them! Not quite painful but pretty damn close. My stomach gets soooo hard and warm and I guess I never made the correlation but thereafter my cm is clumpy and now I wonder if it's the plug I'm passing in bits and pieces.

I'm sure it nothing but do watch!

Thanks everyone! There has been no blood or anything, but I'll definitely keep an eye on it. I honestly didn't expect braxton hicks to be so severe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->