Braxton Hicks

caz_hills

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm getting real tightening on my bump. Especially in the evenings the bump is constantly going hard and tightening. It's uncomfortable but not painful. I'm drinking plenty (I heard dehydration can make it worse).

Is this normal (I think so)? Any ideas on how to become more comfortable and hopefully stop them?

Thanks x

I think it's just something that happens. As you said, you're already staying well hydrated. As long as they don't become rhythmic, supposedly it's good practice for the uterus.

I can't recall anything to make them more comfortable, but sometimes changing positions helps a little. Like, if I was sitting I get up and walk around, or vice versa.

They usually start this time around close to the 3rd trimester. Not much you can do to make it more comfortable aside from maybe changing position or waiting till it passes... unfortunately one of those uncomfortable pregnancy things. Its normal though :flower:

Mine always seem to happen when I'm driving or walking, so hard to breathe properly! Just deep breathes until they pass, nothing you can do to stop them & unfortunately they will most likely get stronger as you go on x

Thanks ladies. Strange how with your second things happen so much earlier!
Will ride them out - seems more frequent in the evening for me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->