breakfast?

alice&bump

mummy to katie
Reaction score
i dunno what to give katie for a bit of variety. if she has toast she kinda plays with it more than eating it, and weetabix and porridge are getting a bit boring.

mum said she used to give me rice crispies, but i've looked at them and they're full of salt and sugar. i just want a bit more variety for her!!

perhaps beans or scrambled egg, and maddi loves fruit and yoghurt too x

you could always add some different tpyes of fruit to cereals?

We add different fruit purees to porridge to make it more interesting - usually mashed banana or apple puree.

ooo fruit purees is a good idea!! might try porridge with a swirl of jam in too - she'd love that!!

carly, she wont eat scrambled egg, and beans...well...she's bad enough with weetabix!!

Like the others, we add fruit to his porridge. He also loves greek yoghurt with different fruits in. Remember, they're not old enough to know that certain foods are meant for certain meals, so anything goes!! Even some stuff from you tea the night before. Oliver has had some very odd things for breakfast and quite heartily woofed it down!

We add strawberries to everything as he loves them but you could add allsorts of fruit. Maybe some yoghurt. I eat toast everyday though so I'm not very adventurous! I feel like it's possible to buy a plain rice crispie type cereal with nothing added but I can't think who by or where... What about a different weetabix type food? Mini shredded wheat soaked in warm milk? Or weetaflakes perhaps?

Harry loves cheerios, might be worth a try

ooo fruit purees is a good idea!! might try porridge with a swirl of jam in too - she'd love that!!

carly, she wont eat scrambled egg, and beans...well...she's bad enough with weetabix!!

give it a few months hon and she might like them then - maddi didn't like my scrambled egg, but she likes dippy egg, though i no peoples opinions differ on when they can have soft boiled, so thats down to you honey :D

def add fruit to porridge, i make it mashed for maddi and freeze it and then in the mornings just defrost quickly and mix it in, her fav's are raspberry and apple :) x

edit - just to say - i agree with kat! they don't no what food for what meal yet, maddi sometimes has a ginger biscuit after breakfast, the little organic men thing! instead of toast this is, or warm bread, i really want to make maddi my own bread soon! xx

Mark gets mini shredded wheats softened in milk, and particularly likes the ones from Tesco with blueberry, apricot or cranberry filling (some sugar from the fruit but not too much IMO.) If she is good with finger food and a pincer grip set the wheats on the highchair tray and she can feed herself. Mark also does this with mini weetabix.

Hebe had french toast/eggy bread and strawberries this morning :)

mmmmmmmmm eggy bread!! i might have to get some eggs!! and bread for that matter!

lol lisa remember me joking a while back about going thru the cereal looking at all the salt and sugar contents on all the cereals. and we were sayin how geeky it is... i actually did it the other day :blush:

You're a geek on sooooo many levels Alice....

Get some eggy bread on the go. I put a couple of drops of vanilla essence in the egg/milk mmmmmmm......:munch:

Hebe had french toast/eggy bread and strawberries this morning :)

Ooh, that sounds nice! I may try that for tea tonight. What made you think of vanila esscence in eggs???:dohh:

I love french toast and eat TONNES when we go to the US - they eat it really sweet with icing sugar on....yum! When I make it for us I do it with double fresh cream instead of milk then dust with icing sugar - we eat it as a dessert. So I wanted to sweeten it but not add sugar :)

oh my god, pregnant women with a sweet tooth should so not read things like that!!

DO IT!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I love french toast and eat TONNES when we go to the US - they eat it really sweet with icing sugar on....yum! When I make it for us I do it with double fresh cream instead of milk then dust with icing sugar - we eat it as a dessert. So I wanted to sweeten it but not add sugar :)

I only use eggs in mine. Have I been doing it wrong all this time? :dohh: Recipe please!!!

i just had it the sweet way!! was well nice!

kat i just put a glug of milk in to mix with the eggs. and i put a good glug of vanila essence in too (my han bleedin slipped!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->