Breast Hygiene

Ladybuggz

Mummy to my Oz!
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,
I know this may sound a little daft (FTM here) but how often should you change your bra while breastfeeding? My bra always has milk leak onto the cups, my breastpads are useless so I've pretty much given up on them. How often should I change a bra that often gets milk on it? Can the breastmilk go off on things like clothing/bedding (I leak on the bed every night, even with the use of a towel)? Heck, everythings covered in milk lately :dohh:

I'd change every time it was wet but mainly because it'll smell. Have you tried Lansinoh pads? They're the only ones that work for me. Shove muslins down your bra. It'll settle soon.

I'd change every time it was wet but mainly because it'll smell. Have you tried Lansinoh pads? They're the only ones that work for me. Shove muslins down your bra. It'll settle soon.

Those are the only kind I will use.

If it dries thoroughly, then you won't necessarily have to change everything every time it gets wet because mold won't have a chance to grow. But every day I would change the bra, and every couple of days for bedding?

I change my bra daily. I really like the little lamb bamboo breast pads. Throw them in the wash and saves a fortune! X

Those are the only kind I will use.

If it dries thoroughly, then you won't necessarily have to change everything every time it gets wet because mold won't have a chance to grow. But every day I would change the bra, and every couple of days for bedding?

For disposables, I really liked those and tommee tippee.

I don't do anything different with the bedding, it dries pretty quick. I rotate the bras, but if a little (not like sopping wet) milk gets on them, I just carry on...but I'm not leaking like a newbie anymore (ahhh...those days!)

I used to stuff a burp cloth down the side I wasn't nursing on, with the other end under the one he was nursing on to catch the extra (with oversupply, there was always extra!)

Tommee Tippee leaked for me overnight.

I used to wear a prefold nappy in my bra at night.
I used to rinse my bra daily if it wasn't soaked so I didn't haveto kekeep wwashing them.
Xx

I only use the lansinoh pads too as they're the only ones that seem to work for me. I still occasionally leaked at night (not so much now though). I wear a clean bra each day and rotate my sleep bras. Unless I leak or DD is sick on our bedding, we only change it once a week. Her bedding is changed almost every night, maybe every other night now she's not spitting up as much.

I change every time it's wet. I also change daily or on a regular basis.

Have you tried reusable pads? They are thicker and I find much more comfortable and more effective then disposables. Plus you can just pop them in the wash and they are good as new :)

Love my reusable pads! I had a friend tell me I was crazy for buying them, but I love wearing them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->