Breast pads

AK89

Reaction score
What type of breast pads does everyone use??

I had a few different types at the start 'cause I got given quite a few.. I know I had some Tommee Tippee ones that I liked but they cost an arm and a leg! So I've been shopping about trying to find cheap ones that aren't uncomfortable/don't leak etc. I bought some from Quality Save called Pure Baby or something that were alright and not too dear but then I googled it and it seemed that Tesco's own would be alright and quite cheap (£2 or £3 for 80) but I've had them on today and they've been making me really itchy!

So does anyone know of any that aren't too expensive but tick all the boxes?!

Washable ones hun, I can't remember the brand I used though I'm afraid.
Xx

Suggesting the same as RaspberryK.....use cloth! They're fab!

I wouldn't recommend them for the first 14days or so due to the massive amounts of lanolin, raw nipple and sticking to cloth is PAINFUL! But after that, they're brilliant.

Yep agree with you there sue, I had a few different ones and liked the waterproof backed ones for if I was going out and about all day and thinner non waterproof ones at home.
I was a prolific leaker so it'll depend on how much you leak.
Xx

Hmm hadn't thought of that... might look into it!

I think for now I'm best off sticking to disposable 'cause we've both got thrush at the moment.. I've just seen that Asda do Tommee Tippee ones for £3 for 50 so might go for that.

But I'll definitely look into the reusable ones! How many do you have??

I use two types. The medela breast pads which are good at absorbing but are really rough against my nipples. The other kind I am not what brand, they are nice and soft but don't absorb as much and can sometimes leak. With the soft ones, I use a medela disposable one behind them so I can have the softness and not have to worry about it leaking through my shirt.

I use the Johnsons breast pads , the absorb tons and are very comfy. They come in a big box with 60 pads.

I use the Johnsons breast pads , the absorb tons and are very comfy. They come in a big box with 60 pads.

Are those ones disposable? If not, I might look into getting them! These medela pads I am using really irritate my nipples especially when they are already sore.

I hate the medela ones. They just tore the skin on my breasts and they became inflamed and painful. They are terrible.

My absolute preference for disposables are NUK ones. I am a prolific leaker and these are the only ones I use. So if you leak a lot I really recommend these ones.

My cheap go-to's are chicco ones. Double the amount for the same price of the Nuk ones. They are pretty soft and quite absorbent, not as large as the Nuk ones but they definitely do the job.

As I said I am a prolific leaker and I tried washables and they were shockingly bad. I use cloth nappies for both babies and they were wonderful, so I really was expecting cloth pads to work for me, but they leaked profusely all the time. If you are looking at cloth ones, definitely get a recommendation from someone. I had no luck with several different brands.

The cloth ones I have feel so soft and nice. You are right though, they leak really badly. That is why I use the medela disposables (where ironically are softer than the washable ones) behind the cloth ones I have. It works nicely, but I only have like 3 pairs of the cloth ones.

I want to look around and see what I can find based on the suggestions in this thread. I really want soft washable ones that do not leak.

Lansinoh pads are the only
ones i can stand. Nuk pads moved all over and medela were terrible for me. I leaked right through cloth.

Avoid Sainsburys own brand ones at all cost, FYI.

They're small but thick and fat with a real scratchy lining. Urgh, the memories. Like having a grissily beef burger stuffed in your bra :blush:

The Johnson ones are disposible but they are nice and soft and extremely absorbent

I also really like the Johnson ones and find medela ones uncomfortable

I found Boots ultra slim pads to be the best so far, they're quite big but soft and don't make tons of noise when you move and they absorb a lot:thumbup: I leak through everything else including washable ones.
I also like Advent night time ones but can't afford them all the time :)

Lansinoh is the best I've found so far. They're a bit pricey but the have sticky spots so they stay put and absorb a ton!

I bought a pack of disposable ones and they drove me nuts. i felt like i had pads on my boobs all day, especially as they would absorb and grow. I then bought some nuk (i think) washable ones. I really like them! They absorb so well and then dry out so i don't have that weird feeling all day long. My mom told me she took pieces of flannel and sewed a few layers thick when she was breast feeding and that worked really well too.

I did leak through them a few times in the beginning when my milk supply was crazy, but once it regulated and i wasn't leaking constantly they worked awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->