breast pump advice

Mummy2B1989

Reaction score
Im not due till nov but planning on bf'ing. I ff ds1 so I am completely clueless about bf.

I want to get a pump but is electric better than manual?

Also...can anyone recommend a good one? Im in uk.

I want a good one that will last but hopefully not too expensive

X

I started off with a hand held avent one but it took me 20mins to get a decent amount of milk out even though it was good and I had a good supply of milk.

While in hospital they offered me a medela electric pump.... so fantastic!! It is so much easier and quicker to use I went out and bought a similar one when we came home.

We have the medela swing if you want to look at it. It's not the quietest pump or the cheapest but it definitely does what it needs to do xxx

I also have a medela swing pump and love it. They are pricey, about £130 to buy new but I got a nearly new one off eBay for £55 and its in perfect condition.

I had a tommee tippee electric pump when DD was a baby which was a lot cheaper but it wasn't nearly as good as the medela one. It took me twice as long to pump the same amount with the tommee tippee one.

I have a medela mini which is dead on

Just to say that I wouldn't buy an expensive pump just yet as I BF my DS for a year and other than using my very cheap £15 pump to help with engorgement at the start of BF, I never pumped at all so for me it would have been a waste of money. Having said that I had 10m maternity leave and never left my DS for more than a few hours, so if you are planning to go back to work/would just like a bit of time away from your LO/would like someone else to feed the baby, then I'm sure it would be worth buying a good pump.

I have the Medela swing electric pump and have been pleased with it. I've never used any others to compare.

I would try before you buy. So many of my friends bought and found they couldn't express. I bought a cheapie electric and have recently upgraded to a Spectra hospital grade which is awesome and half the price of the Medela.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->