Breast Reduction

proudparent88

Reaction score
So this past May I had a breast reduction where they removed a total of 4 1/2 pounds! When the doctor sewed me up inside my breast it created a lump in my breasts. My right one doesn't bother me at all. My left however where the lump is is very sore and sensitive a lot of times. Does anyone have any safe non doctor suggestions on how I can get rid of the lump. My obgyn said to massage it with oil but I haven't noticed any changes. I really need some relief from this and worries me since I want to try and breastfeed my new LO that is on the way. Any suggestions?

Is it cyst like or due to scarring? Either way I guess one possible home remedy would be cabbage leaves over your breast. They are suppose to be good for detoxing. Other than that I have no clue... I'm sorry.

Is it cyst like or due to scarring? Either way I guess one possible home remedy would be cabbage leaves over your breast. They are suppose to be good for detoxing. Other than that I have no clue... I'm sorry.

Thing is being pregnant I don't wanna use cabbage because it can dry up the milk that is being created I used it to dry up after my other kids. And I am not sure if I will be able to breastfeed this time and I really wanna try you would think the doctor that did the surgery would at least know if he removed the mammary glads or not and I just can't get answers so don't wanna risk drying up what I may have since I won't know until I get the chance to try but I will have to try that suggestion in the future!

it it just a knot of breast tissue? or is it like, on the skin but inside?
I think massage will prob be best, and you say it was may?..........I had a c-section in may and its STILL hard around the scar site. From my first c-section it took about 3 years before it was completely pliable like normal flesh - but I didnt massage as I was to squeamish!
Id try that first, maybe with some bio oil.

Out of curiosity - what size did you go from and to? I am currently 36K and they are crippling me :(....I really want them reduced but im now 17stone, and I cant run cos of the boobies - even a sports bra they pull the skin and make breathing hard :(

it it just a knot of breast tissue? or is it like, on the skin but inside?
I think massage will prob be best, and you say it was may?..........I had a c-section in may and its STILL hard around the scar site. From my first c-section it took about 3 years before it was completely pliable like normal flesh - but I didnt massage as I was to squeamish!
Id try that first, maybe with some bio oil.

Out of curiosity - what size did you go from and to? I am currently 36K and they are crippling me :(....I really want them reduced but im now 17stone, and I cant run cos of the boobies - even a sports bra they pull the skin and make breathing hard :(

The doctor told me it was where he sewed inside so other than that I don't know it feels like a lump and is really tender tonight it actually interfered with sleeping.

I was a 48 DDD and they took me down to a C I am not sure of the number as I have not been properly fitted yet. I got a reduction due to I also had major problems with mine. It added severe back pain to what I already had. Then the bras would cut my shoulders and I had horrible indents finding bras was very hard for me and they were very expensive. I also had problems with severe fungal infections under my breasts because I couldn't keep moisture out I had tried everything no lie my breasts went almost to my belly button I get a kick out of it now but before I didn't when i was that size and would sleep without a shirt and bra cause it's more comfortable for me that way if I rolled over abruptly they would literally smack me in the face! :rofl: I have had two ankle surgeries my wisdom teeth surgically removed given all natural births twice and a breast reduction honestly it was the best of all surgeries pain wasn't horrible and healing was fast until as I usually do I developed an infection and still have small open wounds from that but they are quickly healing now that I am pregnant again. I haven't noticed a major change in size since the pregnancy and I am 19 weeks today. So I mean it's really a great surgery to have if you need it. The moment I woke up I noticed a huge difference and the doctor came in and talked to me. I am not sure where you live but I live in the US and I asked him how much they removed in other words what was the weight of what was removed because they do weigh it. They removed a total of 4 1/2 pounds out of my breasts 2 out of one and 2 1/2 out of the other! I did some research and found out the average breast weighs 7 ounces there are 16 ounces in a pound! So I figured 8 times 8 times 8 times 8 times 4 which came to a total of 36 ounces making my breasts put together five and a half times larger than the average weight! I understand everyone is different but this completely caught me off guard. I have people tell me that that is a lot of weight taken off. I have some tell me that isn't that much then my reply to them is add 4 1/2 pounds to your chest and see what you think! It really depends on doctors and insurance mine was covered by my insurance because of medical purposes but most doctors here in the US try to get it that way too because very seldom does a person go into a surgeon with a small bust size and say hey can you take some of this off it's not something that happens a lot I mean I am sure it does but not that much! Hope this helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->