Breastfeeding a baby in NICU -help

xxClaire_24xx

mum of 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
So i am basically waiting on the baby coming anytime, well it will be a planned ceserean after each weekly doppler and growth scan but have been told I def wont go over 34 weeks

So I have always wanted to breastfeed this baby, well express and then feed from a bottle but if the baby is in NICU and I get a ceserean will I be able to take my electric breast pump into the hospital to express the milk for her to tube feed??? xx

Hi hun. You won't need to take your pump as the hospital provides them and they are really good. They also encourage breastfeeding and there shouldn't be a problem with them giving baby your milk via a tube. Discuss this with your midwife and ask her everything before the baby arrives.

My daughter was born at 35 weeks and she needed no help at all i breastfed her right from the start, this could be the case for you to. Fingers crossed baby stays put as long as possible hun xx

The first thing recommended a mum should do is express milk for a preemie in NICU. It is such the norm in there for expressing believe me. The hospital have brilliant pumps you can use ;) They will give you your own attachements for the pumps so its all hygenic

thanks girls I def want to express and then fed im not into the whole breastfeeding thing but want her to have my milk so I was so glad at my last meeting with the consultant said they will def try their dam hardest to get the baby your breast milk xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->