breastfeeding after elective section

Marythefairy

Reaction score
Hi ladies

This is my first post but only because I've always found the answers to questions without posting before! I bf my daughter for 18 months. She latched on as soon as I met her 3hrs after my emcs. I had to have surgery after for a badly torn uterus.

This time I've been recommended to have a section which I'm fine with. But does it take your milk longer to come in after an elective section because your body hasn't been in Labour? How do your boobs know when to start?!

Thanks

Your boobs will be stimulated by the baby nursing and your uterus will know that the placenta is gone. I didn't have any more delay from my scheduled c section or my one were I was induced first and then given a section.

I had an elective section for medical reasons, and my milk came in like it should. I was worried too, but it was fine.

Mine didn't come in until the 5th day after a c-section from being induced and in labor for 26 hours. I hear it's not uncommon for it to take a bit longer with a c-section from speaking to other moms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->