Breastfeeding and dizziness?

Wugz22

Reaction score
Baby will be 3 weeks old tomorrow... Breastfeeding is going fine until just now I got up for a 3am feeding and was so dizzy I bumped into everything on the way to his crib! Does this have anything to do with breastfeeding? I've been drinking tons of water and eating plenty... I'm worried!

You probably need to eat and drink more. I'm not kidding - in the first 12 weeks I ate twice as much as a man!

Could it be extreme tiredness? I have a serious lack of coordination/dizziness when tired. The other day I got up with my daughter half asleep to change her and nearly fell into the wardrobe! Otherwise maybe eat even more as Noo suggested? I found in the early days I didn't notice how hungry I was because I was so focused on looking after my baby.

When I first got off the nipple shields and started with actual mouth to nipple contact, it would make me so drowsy I couldn't stay awake when I fed him. I did a lot of nursing in bed. I think it had to do with the hormones combined with me not eating enough or something.

Definitely make sure you are eating enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->