Breastfeeding and PPD meds

HopingFor2v1

Soon to be Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Our DD2 is only 8 days old and I've started treatment for PPD. I suffered PPD with DD1, and was hoping this time would be different, but I could see myself going down the same path as last time, so I wanted to nip it right away. They started me on Zoloft, since I still wanted to BF, but it was really hard on my system and made my anxiety worse. My doctor changed me to Prozac (which is what I was on with my 1st bout of PPD) but insists I stop BF. I would love to continue to BF, but if it's going to hurt DD2, then I'll stop.

I would love to hear about anyone else's experiences with taking Prozac and if you stopped/continued BF.

First of all good for you for recognizing what was happening and taking swift action to protect yourself and your family! :thumb up:

I'm not on either of the two meds you mentioned but I take citalopram daily for depression that pre-dated my pregnancy. I stayed on it throughout pregnancy and am now BFing on it. Just a semi-related data point for you!

Rooting for you whatever you decide to do. <3

First of all good for you for recognizing what was happening and taking swift action to protect yourself and your family! :thumb up:

I'm not on either of the two meds you mentioned but I take citalopram daily for depression that pre-dated my pregnancy. I stayed on it throughout pregnancy and am now BFing on it. Just a semi-related data point for you!

Rooting for you whatever you decide to do. <3

Thank you so much for the support! I know I waited longer than I should have with DD1 to seek help, so once I felt like I was going down the same path I wanted to "fix" it right away. I still have a long road, but I am hopeful that I can feel more like myself soon. I've talked to several doctors and they are on both sides of the fence, so it's just a tough decision to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->