Breastfeeding + Clomid

TTCBean

Reaction score
Anyone take Clomid, while breastfeeding? I'm not looking for opinions against, talked to my fertility doctor and he thinks it's fine. I'm just worried about losing my milk supply. DS is 10 months old. I conceived him on Clomid while BFing my 2 y/o, didn't notice a decrease, but wasn't so worried since he ate lots of solids. Thanks!

No experience with this but I am about to start a medicated frozen embryo cycle while nursing my 2 year old. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Yes clomid can cause your milk supply to drop but so will your desired outcome, pregnancy, right?

True -- potentially. I didn't loose my supply at all while nursing DS1, nursed him all through pregnancy until a few weeks ago! Hoping to do the same. I am more worried about the Clomid messing up my supply - though again, it didn't the first time around.

That's amazing you didn't loose your supply! I was under the impression that most people do experience a dip if not a total dry up, but I thought that older nursers don't really care and will nurse despite the drop. I guess that's not true for everyone. If you didn't notice a drop last time, maybe you won't this time either?

I was blessed it didn't as my son wasn't ready at all to wean. I'd leak milk I was still producing so much. I am really hoping it won't mess up supply this time - I have good odds right? I'm thinking I'll wait to start the Clomid until DS2 turns 1, not too long to go now really!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->