Breastfeeding moms: when did your period come back?

ChocolateC

Reaction score
For all moms who exclusively breastfed for the first several months, then breastfeeding + solids after that: when did your period come back? or if it hasn't yet, has your doctor told you when it should? I exclusively breastfed LO day and night until starting a few solids at 5 months, and now (8 months) she is sleeping through the night (yay! at last!) so I'm not bfing at night, but still at least 5x a day.
I read that when you stop night nursing that sometimes your period comes back but it hasn't yet for me. But LO has only been sttn for 2 weeks. Will it come back while I'm still nursing during the day, or do I have to wean her completely before it comes?
I want to have another baby soon (I'm an older mom and the clock is ticking!) so will actually be happy to see AF again! :flower:

Everyone is different. For me, it returned 5 months PP. My LO was not on solids, was EBF and not even close to sttn! No fair. :growlmad: lol

13 months and she was still feeding day and night.

Totally different for everyone - mine came back at 4 months despite being ebf with regular feeds (nowhere near sttn) and no solids :( I know people who were waiting months after totally stopping bf.

8 months pp, still feeding day and night, BLW so not much solids going down at that point.

With DD1 it came back around 21 months, and DD2 is 11 months today with no signs of AF yet. Both my girls were/are booby monsters and rubbish sleepers though and use/d me as an all-night milk bar until I night-weaned DD1 at around 27.5 months, by which time I was already pregnant with DD2. I'd imagine if your LO already STTN that your AF would return much quicker though. There's a good sticky thread in the breastfeeding section on TTC and pregnancy while breastfeeding too that you may want to check out.

Dd1- 12 months and still feeding day and night.

Dd2- She started to refuse the breast at 4 months so I started exclusively pumping at that point. I pumped 5xday but never at night. Af didn't come back until a month after I completely stopped pumping (7.5months).

Mine came back around 16 months. I was breastfeeding lots day and night. I was quite lucky it stayed away so long :)

16 months. I got symptoms on impending AF for 3 months before I actually got it.

With dd1 it came back after six months when I was still Breastfeeding all day and night, I'm interested to see when it will return this time around x

Hi, my 6 week old has started sleeping long stretches through the night, about 6 hours without a feed. So yep my period came back!!

I can't remember exactly, but I exclusively pumped for 5 months, my period came back about 2 or 3 months later after I completely stopped. It was so nice not having a period lol.

24 months still feeding with my second. Current baby is 11 months feeds more night than day no signs yet!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->