Breastfeeding problem

gem149

Reaction score
I have a 6 week old baby, exclusively breastfed. We got off to a tricky start with slow weight gain and we had thrush. Things had improved but he has started behaving strangely whilst feeding. After maybe 5 mins, or less, he becomes very restless, flailing his head around, straightening out his body, repeatedly losing latch, sometimes sucking the nipple back in. If I take him off and try to burp him he screams and continues to straighten his body. If I put him on that side, or switch sides, the same happens. He may posset milk but continue to be unhappy. It also takes a long time to settle him to sleep, making nights especially stressful. Any ideas? Thanks!

It sounds like either reflux or gas. You could try gripe water and or simethicone. Both are over the counter at most pharmacy stores like rite aid. If that doesn't work, you might need to get a prescription for zantac or something similar.

If it just started it could be a growth spurt. We had a really rough one around 6 weeks

This sounds exactly like my 4 week old boy (2 weeks late so with some things he's on track for 6 weeks). This has been happening for the last week, at first I thought it was because my milk was coming out too fast and choking him but he copes fine during the day.
Does this happen all day or just at night? It seems to happen just at night with us (very occasionally at other times but mainly just at night).
I don't have any advice but you're not the only one! And I'll be watching this thread for advice!

Becki x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->