Breastfeeding question...

surprisepg

Reaction score
Hi fellow mummies :)

I have a 5 month old and he's started eating solids... Although solids aren't his main source of food at the moment.

My question is how often should I be breastfeeding DS?

I had twins 10 years ago and this all feels new to me. Plus my twins were breastfed till 6 weeks before I moved onto formula, and I have come to find formula fed babies and exclusively breastfed babies eating patterns to be totally different.

Thanks in advance xoxo

As often as he wants. Feed on demand. You can't over feed a bf baby. At 5 months I was still feeding every 2 hours ish in the day and twice in the night.

As often as he wants. Feed on demand. You can't over feed a bf baby. At 5 months I was still feeding every 2 hours ish in the day and twice in the night.

That's what I'm doing but I was second guessing myself for some reason. Thank you I feel much better. There are some times where he cluster feeds and wakes up only once for a quick feed but other than that he wants boob ever 2.5 - 3 hours.

It'll all fall into line naturally, 5 months is still very young, remember milk is the most important source of nutrition until the age of 1. Gradually his food intake will increase and milk intake decrease but it'll be gradually, gradually baby steps x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->