Breastfeeding twins tips/advice

MommyLemLem

Reaction score
Hey mamas! I am due in May with twins and was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice on how to successfully breastfeed twins. Anything I should invest in to help make it easier? Breastfeeding didn't go well with my daughter, we had many frustrations and I didn't know many of the things I know now so I exclusively pumped for her the first year and really hoping I can get these babies to successfully latch and breastfeed! Thank you ladies!

I'd maybe pop over to the twins and multiples sections as they may be able to offer better advice!

Hey mamas! I am due in May with twins and was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice on how to successfully breastfeed twins. Anything I should invest in to help make it easier? Breastfeeding didn't go well with my daughter, we had many frustrations and I didn't know many of the things I know now so I exclusively pumped for her the first year and really hoping I can get these babies to successfully latch and breastfeed! Thank you ladies!

I BF my twins exclusively for first 6 months and we are still going at 27 months, so is do-able. It can be hard work at beginning though.

You can buy special twin breastfeeding cushions to help with tandem feeding but they are pricey. I personally wouldn't recommend them, I did get one 2nd hand but hardly used it. Some other twin mums love them though so it does depend.

I think it all depends on how your babies are as to how easy it is. I was advised by the hospital midwives to get the tandem feeding thing nailed early on otherwise "you will never cope" but I found this hard and stressful when they are tiny and I was lucky that they were quick feeders so I always fed them one at a time and had no problems. We only started tandem feeding at around 11 months!

There is nothing to say you will have any problems this time as all babies are different.

Congrats btw! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->