Breastfeeding, Vitex, Spotting, Oh my!

mama2one

Reaction score
This is long, sorry!

Hi all. I'm new to the boards but jeesh, I need advice! I am currently still breastfeeding my 14 month old DS twice a day. I still hadn't had my first postpartum period, so on the advice of many I began Vitex in the hopes it would jump start my cycle.

After 10 days or so, I immediately had an abundance of ewcm. My husband and I BD'd on a Friday. The next day, I noticed I had some pink tinged CM when I wiped. It would have been exactly 14 days since I started the Vitex. (Ovulation?)

My CM varied between creamy and egg white on and off for the next two weeks, bringing me to today, two weeks after the initial spotting. And (TMI) I am gushing ewcm! What is going on?

I've taken a handful of OPKs and HPTs, all negative. Can anyone provide some insight? I'm going nuts!

Hi there and welcome.
My period didn't come back until about 16 months p/p and in the few months before it returned I had quite a few patches of EWCM. I think it's a good sign that something is happening hormonally but it doesn't necessarily mean that you ovulated. Could be that your body is gearing up to ovulate but not quite getting there due to the b/f. I would keep BDing and hope for the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->