Breech at 28+5 weeks

jujusflo1986

Reaction score
I had a private scan today because I woke up feeling crappy as I slept very badly last night. Baby kept moving almost non stop throughout the night and I couldnt get comfortable. The movements were quite painful at times and I was guessing that baby was probably turning as she had been transverse throughout.
Woke up aching in lower abdomen and having very bad pressure pain my vag area and I couldnt walk without feeling Im walking like a duck.
So, had a scan, and LO is in breech position..kicking the inner cervix.
Now, Im worried that she would not turn back to cephalic position and I might and up with a c section..
Anyone had experience with breech at around 29 weeks and baby turned after please???

I've heard of babies turning right up until the day of a planned section! I wouldn't worry just yet, mine only just turned around 28 weeks, I think they said that is the time they start turning, not that they should be by then. :)

I really wouldnt worry. My 2nd and 3rd were breech till 36/37 weeks. Theres loads of time for baby to turn yet.

You’ve got loads of time ! I think they expect baby to be head down by 34 weeks , although like PP said some don’t turn until labour !

DD2 and DS turned early although DD1 didn’t turn until late .

I was worried about the same thing, at my 29 week appointment baby was breech then I was convinced she turned not long after that visit. (around 30 weeks) It was confirmed today at 31+3 she is now head down and in the right spot. I'm hoping she stays that way.

There is still plenty of time for baby to turn yet so fingers crossed :)

Hi there. I can totally relate to your concerns. Please don’t worry over this. My 2nd one was in breech around 36 weeks. I was so upset when I was asked to be prepared for a C-section. But my son turned the next week. We’ll never know how things would change even in the last hour. Hope everything goes well with you. Hugs & prayers!

lots of time for them to flip back!
my little girl was breech until day before scheduled section, flipped on her own, cancelled the section, she flipped back breech on her due date and was turned with ECV and stayed head down until birth.
my son turned from head down to transverse while I was in labour, so he was an emergency section, but even that wasnt so bad!
try some of the tips on the spinning babies website to try and get baby moving!x

Thank you all for your reassurance. Its just that with my first he was head down from very early. Ill try and stay calm and try not to worry.

My baby was breech at 28 weeks and head down at 32 weeks and is still head down x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->