breech at 32 weeks

kosh

proud new mum!
Reaction score
i had a MW appointment yesterday and found out my LO has not turned. i know it's still early, but i can't stop thinking about it, i really really don't want a c-section. :nope: plus, i am blaming myself for doing something wrong, like crossing my legs when i sit! :dohh:
i've already looked at things that can be done to make him turn, like the pelvis tilt, etc etc but has anyone got any personal advise? i'm getting very upset about it :cry:
thanks!

im in the same boat as u hun. little one is breech and i no she has been the whole time. everyone says theres plenty of time yet, several ladies in the 3rd tri having breech issues.i really dont want a section for my first but if i have to i do.. humpfff

mine was breech, then transverse around where you are now, so my midwife referred me to a chiropractor who is trained in techniques to turn mal-positioned babies... 4 trips to the chiropractor got the baby to turn, and it has stayed head-down since then.

i can't recommend chiropractors trained in turning mal-positioned babies strongly enough!

good luck!

I was the same, think the baby prob turned at about 35 weeks. I was getting really upset and stressed about it as well so can sympathise. The midwife at the hypnobirthing classes and the midwife at our GP's kept being very reassuring and were so matter of fact that baby would turn that there wasn't even any point in talking about it. Their approach irritated me to start with but in hindsight it was totally the right approach, it wasn't as if I had any control of which way up the baby decided to be so not much point in trying to take responsibility for 'fixing it' which is what I was trying to do.

I found https://www.spinningbabies.com/ really useful and did try some of the inversion positions, who know if it helped or not but it did make me feel as if I was at least doing something. I also spent time on a birthing/exercise ball.

The hypnobirthing midwife did say that we could always try moxibustion if it got past 37 weeks with no change. Personally, I think baby turned when I relaxed about it and started to accept that if it was c-section it was a c-section and was meant to be but who knows!

Both my babies have waited til 36 weeks to turn.

My midwife said to try kneeling down with forehead to floor and bum up in the air for 10 mins a couple of times a day, and also to try putting a pack of frozen peas on the top of my bump when it was active. They don't like having cold heads, so the theory is they try and get away from the cold!

Doing any of the spinning techniques is meant to work best if you do it when they are wiggling about anyway, as they are in the mood to move at that point.

But don't fret too much, only 5% of babies are still breech at term. Most do spin round by themselves.

I was the same, think the baby prob turned at about 35 weeks. I was getting really upset and stressed about it as well so can sympathise. The midwife at the hypnobirthing classes and the midwife at our GP's kept being very reassuring and were so matter of fact that baby would turn that there wasn't even any point in talking about it. Their approach irritated me to start with but in hindsight it was totally the right approach, it wasn't as if I had any control of which way up the baby decided to be so not much point in trying to take responsibility for 'fixing it' which is what I was trying to do.

I found https://www.spinningbabies.com/ really useful and did try some of the inversion positions, who know if it helped or not but it did make me feel as if I was at least doing something. I also spent time on a birthing/exercise ball.

The hypnobirthing midwife did say that we could always try moxibustion if it got past 37 weeks with no change. Personally, I think baby turned when I relaxed about it and started to accept that if it was c-section it was a c-section and was meant to be but who knows!

thanks for this
i'll try my best to relax, but to be honest i would have never thought that something like this would get me so upset!

My baby didn't turn till 34 weeks. I had been doing all the spinning babies tricks, seeing the chiro as well. One night I just had a major meltdown about it. I spent a good hour or more crying. Having already one csection I didn't want another. That night I went to sleep listening to the hypnobirthing mp3 for turning a breech baby and by the next afternoon the baby was head down and two days later dropped.

My doula said she has seen many babies turn after a big emotional breakdown, and thinks maybe it's a release you both need first. The same thing happened to a friend, baby turned after a big sobfest.

Good luck hun. I know exactly how you feel.

Also, start looking for a care provider that will support a vaginal breech birth. They are out there. As long as a care provider has the experience in breech birth, it's safer than a csection.

My baby didn't turn till 34 weeks. I had been doing all the spinning babies tricks, seeing the chiro as well. One night I just had a major meltdown about it. I spent a good hour or more crying. Having already one csection I didn't want another. That night I went to sleep listening to the hypnobirthing mp3 for turning a breech baby and by the next afternoon the baby was head down and two days later dropped.

My doula said she has seen many babies turn after a big emotional breakdown, and thinks maybe it's a release you both need first. The same thing happened to a friend, baby turned after a big sobfest.

Also, start looking for a care provider that will support a vaginal breech birth. They are out there. As long as a care provider has the experience in breech birth, it's safer than a csection.

i'm in the uk, so too late for a private provider i believe.
i really don't know what's the general rule here for breech babies, i only know my friend had to have a c-section.

But don't fret too much, only 5% of babies are still breech at term. Most do spin round by themselves.

really, only 5%? I thought it was more that that

I just looked it up again, it is actually only 1-3% at term.

Breech presentation is defined as a fetus in a longitudinal lie with the buttocks or feet closest to the cervix. This occurs in 3-4% of all deliveries. The percentage of breech deliveries decreases with advancing gestational age from 22% of births prior to 28 weeks' gestation to 7% of births at 32 weeks' gestation to 1-3% of births at term.[1]

That is from Medscape Reference website.

Your hospital's attitude to natural breech delivery will depend on whether they have midwives or obstetricians who have hands on experience of it. As most opt to go straight for c-section then less and less of them are getting any experience, so don't feel very confident of it. However you do still get some who are happy to go for it, I know as my midwife was one of these! She would have still been happy to go ahead with my planned home birth if this baby had stayed breech.

can i ask where you got it?

i'm in the uk, so too late for a private provider i believe.
i really don't know what's the general rule here for breech babies, i only know my friend had to have a c-section.

I know the doctor here will take women up to 38-9 weeks, so it might be worth a try. Maybe talk to your MW and see if she knows of a provider that has breech birth experience. I think it is down to the individual provider. The problem with breech births now is that it is no longer taught in medical school, so doctors do not know what to do, so they automatically do a c-section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->