Brentwood Open Learning College

OmarsMum

Reaction score
Anyone tried it?? Any feedback??

Any other suggestions for International Open learning colleges?

:flower:

I've not but I've used Open University which were fantastic and my brother is currently completing a degree with them. I've heard nothing but good things about them and practically everyone I know who has done distance learning has done it through them.

It might not be what you are looking for though but here is the international prospectus https://www.openuniversity.edu/

Lots of British universities run international distance learning qualifications, I'm doing mine through Aberystwyth University.

Depends what you wanna do but I just checked out Brentwood and it looks like it'd be useless for most things. A diploma won't really get you anywhere with most careers, especially as so many people have degrees and are still struggling. That said if you were wanting to do beauty or something a diploma might well be enough, but a diploma in, say, child psychology will only give you an opening to further education in the subject.

I'm with Open Uni too and they're great, but the fees are now the same as a normal uni.

Depends on what the diploma is, "diploma" is quite a generic term, a postgraduate diploma can qualify you in specific careers and would most certainly not be redundant. It'll depend on your country and course choice as well.

Depends on what the diploma is, "diploma" is quite a generic term, a postgraduate diploma can qualify you in specific careers and would most certainly not be redundant. It'll depend on your country and course choice as well.

From what I can grasp they're Level 4 diplomas, which are equivalent to first year at uni. Level 2 is GCSEs and level 3 is the same as two A Levels.

Thanks ladies for your input, it's very helpful. I have a MBA in international business & B.Sc. in MIS.

I'm looking for a short course / certificate in nutrition. I don't have time or energy to go back to uni full time at this stage. I'm looking for something to fill my time without costing me a fortune (colleges/uni are very expensive here).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->