• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brewer's yeast and colic

Calif

Baby was born 6/2013!
Reaction score
After I started taking lactation cookies made with brewer's yeast, baby is fussy and colicky. That's the only thing I did that's new. I googled and about.com says brewers yeast causes colic in some babies. Another mentioned that the womanly art of breastfeeding mentions this too.

Anyone else experience this? If so, how long did it take to get it out of your system?

I realized that I started mother's milk tea around the same time and it can also cause colic. yikes! Now I don't know which one is causing it. =(

Has it increased your milk production significantly? Could it be baby is getting too much foremilk?

Yes it did increase my milk production. How do I tell if its the foremilk vs the herbs? I stay on one breast until he stops and offer the other one (usually 25 min each side)

I did some googling and it seems if he's having too much foremilk, the poop would be greenish. His poops are very yellow and seedy. So I think it's not a supply increase issue. It's not a growth spurt because I weighed him and he's gaining the usual amount.
I think it's either the yeast or tea. I wonder how long it takes to leave the system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->