Brides-to-be with under 1s on wedding day!

DonnaBallona

newlyweds!
Reaction score
Just wondering how you're planning on getting your baby up the aisle? I was going to get my MOH to carry Jude but she'll have her bouquet to carry too and I'm worried it'll look odd.

I'm toying with the idea of using our old radio flyer wagon, decorated, and sitting him in it and getting Bert to pull his lil bro! Yay or Nay?!!!

might take a few practice runs though, id hate him to fall out!! :shock:

I think that idea is lovely :cloud9:

definitely a good idea to have some practice runs

I think that's a very sweet idea, but yes, practice runs are a must :lol: Otherwise, could one of the groomsmen have him? So he's 'one of the boys' on the day? Or would that not go down well (with all involved. Lol)?

Im going to ask one of the ushers to carry him down and then hand him to my mum at the end :) like your idea though!! Xx

Morgan was three months old and he was with his Daddy.

How old will he be on the day hun? At our legal marriage ceremony in October, Rory was 14 months. He screamed the entire way through. Not so bad in a tiny room with two witnesses but it might ruin the day if that happened during the ceremony at your wedding. I would suggest buying him a special outfit and honouring him in photos and things but during the ceremony have your mum or MIL or someone who knows him to hold him, and to take him out to calm down if he starts to scream! It might distract you if one of your bridesmaid's or groomsmen has to calm him.

Non of the LOs are walking down the aisle at mine!

Darcey will be 4 1/2 months and she'll just be with my Mum

Bobby who will be 2 years 2 months and he will be with OH and the boys, I just know he wouldn't walk down the aisle!

Then I have our 2 nieces who are 2 years 5 months and 15 months who will just be with MIL, this is because maybe selfish of me but I don't want to be the one having to look after them, also don't know if they'd walk down so I'm taking the easy option of them not!

Love your idea though :)

it had never occurred to me to not have them walk actually :dohh: I like the idea of one of the ushers holding him actually. my DF is having 2 best men too so I guess he could be held by one of them.

Jude is on home oxygen at the moment, I hope he's off it by then or ill have to work out a way to make the tank look a bit prettier. LOL!

thanks for all the input chickens xx

Kaiden will be 5months at the time and MiL I'd just going to have him, I'll get flustered of he starts crying and somebody nt completely confident with him has hold of him but if MiL has him I know she will deal with it. x

I've been looking at this for days thinking it wasn't me, but bloody hell it is :rofl: DS will be 11 months and I will probs just have him with his Daddy with Mother sat very near to take over! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->