British books for an 8 year old?? Help!

Vee_Bee

Proud mum of two boys :-)
Reaction score
Hi,

My American niece is coming over for Christmas and we have been asked to get her a couple of books by a British author for her present.

My kids are 20 months and 4 months so I have no idea what books an 8 year old would like - any ideas as soon as possible please as I need to get shopping!!

Thanks xxx

My 7 year old loves books by roald dahl x

Roald dahl is a good one. Is she a keen reader my 8 year old niece loves harry potter her mum and her read that together but that would depend on what your niece was in2 aswell. There is also jacquline wilson I think that's her name she wrote tracy beaker and others. Hope that helps some how.

What about The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe set? I loved all of those right from a young age.
As others have said - Roald Dahl.

My 7 year old DD loves :

Roald Dahl books
Enid Blyton books (especially The Faraway Tree stories)
the Worst Witch series

when I was that age I loved the above as well as :

The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe
The Wind in the Willows
Gobbolino the Witches Cat
Adventures of the Little Wooden Horse
The Kingdom of Carbonel

I guess you could always go down the obvious Harry Potter route as well if you wanted to

I have a 7 year old and she loves Harry potter, the worst witch and Jaqueline Wilson.

I would go with Roald Dahl aswell, probably a bit late for Xmas delivery now but the book people online are really good x

Enid Blyton or diary of a wimpy kid or Roald Dahl

Prob a bit late but horrid henry, diary of a wimpy kid and roald dahl are popular with my 8 year old x

Not much point in suggesting Harry potter I would imagine, as its probably sold more copies in America than in Britain!

My son has loved Enid blyton - the naughtiest girl in the school since he was about 9! totally recommend enid blyton :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->