Broccoli???

Dukechick

Wife & proud Mom of 2
Reaction score
My son just turned 6 months and has been eating rice cereal for a month, we've just started him on purees for supper last week, and he eats rice rusks by himself.

Can we try giving him steamed broccoli for finger foods?? Or are there other foods we should try first?

We're on week 4 of weaning have gave Matilda steamed broccoli early on. She is very eager to chew it and seems to like the taste - not much goes down but at the moment I just want her to get used to different foods.

Broccoli steamed and cooled is a fabulous finger food for just starting out- I think it is actually the first one my LO tried as she didn't have rusks.

Leave the stalk long enough for them to hold onto it, my daughter didn't have any teeth at the time but was still able to get the little green bud things off with her gums. She still loves broccoli actually :)

Yeah, as Tasha says, it's a great finger food as it has a 'handle'! Some say it can be a bit gassy though, so maybe don't offer every day!

We used Brocolli and Carrot sticks when we started and Ellis still loves them now. He looks like the Hulk once he's done though!

alfie has cucumber and pepper sticks he sucks the life out of them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->