brown cm/ discharge ?

lucy_smith

Reaction score
hello, just been to the toilet and got cm with a brown tinge to it ..... getting a little worried, i have no idea how far along i am and the midwife is currently sending out the info in the post of contact details etc.... so can't get hold of her .
i suppose i just need to sit tight and hope for the best!
:(

I had this I called my hospital and they scanned me and all was fine. Gl

It's probably nothing to worry about Hun but I'd contact your gp just in case. I had similar situation yesterday and was sent to the epu for a hcg blood count. All was fine but always good to check it out if it's worrying you.

Definitely contact EPU just for peace of mind. I am currently going through something similar. Brown discharge on and off for a week. Unfortunately my brown cm has progressively turned to heavy red bleeding (please don't let this scare you) but I adopted the "sit and wait" attitude and despite the midwife telling me it's normal I knew something wasn't right. I've got and emergency scan first thing tomorrow. I'm not holding out much hope but it doesn't mean you will go down the same route. For peace of mind contact your GP who should arrange a scan for you. Fingers crossed and good luck

Don't worry is a daft thing to say but I'll say it anyway, I've had this the last 2 days and phoned the spy, how far on areyou? She told me that anything up to 8 weeks, if it lasts less than 48hrs, is not bright red, no cramps out blood clots is totally normal HOWEVER you should always get checked out, Google your early pregnancy unit, (try the hospital switchboard if you can't get a number) or your go. At very least they will reassure you. Also dint drive yourself insane with worry, I have been for two days and it's increasingly looking like everything is fine

it can be normal. it can happen after you a bm. or if you have had sex. if you get more and more it can be a bad sign but lots of women find its normal for them. try rest. drink lots of water and keep an eye on things. xx

It can be Totally Normal for you - Im having a Early Scan at the EPU tomorrow, Booked through my Doctors - I had some Light Spotting 5 days ago its all cleared up now, but They are pretty good up there x

This has just happened to me too. I'm not sure who I call, can I call epu direct or do I need to get an emergency gp appointment first?

I called epu directly, dunno if I was supposed to but it seemed fine. I went through the hospital switchboard. I really think they should tell people what to do, my booking app is week 9, they sent loads of info but nothing on what to do if there are peoblems before week 9! Thankfully mine stopped pretty quick and I didn't go in, but I wish someone had warned me there was a possibility that bleeding could be normal!

Totally agree with pp, it's difficult to know who to contact. I couldn't contact our local epu directly. You have to go through gp, I'd try both or if that fails I'd call emergency out of hours gp. Sure you will be fine though, try not to worry :)

Like others have said, brown blood is old blood and generally not a concern.
I had it at 8 weeks on/off for 4 days only a small amount enough to see when i wiped but no more. Had it also yesterday but it seems it only happens after sex for me which is normal.

Unless you're cramping and it's getting progressively heavier I wouldn't worry, it seems really common but it can be a concern so get checked out if you feel it isn't right.

Good luck :flower:

got the midwifes number through in the post yesterday. was talking to my mum last night and she wouldn't leave me alone until i phoned them so i did. They told me not oto worry and its perfectly normal. I should only start to worry if i fill 3 towels in an hour.
i feel relieved thanks guys for your reassurance!

i was sooo tired last night! it was ridiculous. it was 7.00 and i honestly kept falling asleep in the car ( we were only going for a 5 minute journey!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->