Brown discharge

tddunn

Reaction score
I started having a light brown discharge today accompanied by some mild to moderate cramping. I have been feeling crappy all day. I had a very early ultrasound yesterday (5w3d) in which they saw a gestational sac and yolk sac, but not yet able to see fetal pole. The doc said everything looked great, but I just had a miscarriage 2 months ago and before the it was pink and red blood, no brown. I saw on the ultrasound that she saw some free fluid near my right ovary(where I ovulated). What could this be? should I be concerned?.

It's impossible to say for certain at this stage, what you saw on the scan sounds good for dates, have they offered you a follow up? I have always thought brown blood is "old" blood, and not fresh so not necessarily a bad sign. Try not to worry, (easier said than done I know) :hugs: xxx

I have a follow up on wed. my husband said if it starts to look red or pink then we are going to the hospital to see what it is. Im just so scared. I thought this actually might be a good pregnancy.

Im sorry u are going through this.

I also had spotting today and thought this might actually be my rainbow. FX for us both hun xxx

Crossing my fingers for both of you that your rainbows are nice and comfy in there and the spotting is unrelated.xxx

I hope its nothing, like I said there isnt anyhing red or pink and the discharge is starting to ease off. My dh said he thinks it is the free fluid from before, but im just concerned. I am already on progesterone and my doc said all my hormone levels look good so i dont really see there being a problem. I guess after a loss Im just terrified.

I am very similar to you, had a scan at 5+2 for spotting and saw just sack, had brown discharge every time I wiped and a couple of spots of brown on panty liner at 6 weeks which lasted about 4 days, morning sickness kicked in ye exact same day so I'm finding a bit of reassurance in that!! I have a follow up scan on Thursday, hope all is well with you & your little bean :hugs:

I have heard this is normal, but when it is happening to you its horrible!!!

I had Brown spotting last weekend with cramps. Saw the GP on Monday who told me it was sometimes perfectly normal to have spotting.
I hope you don't mind me asking but did you have a trans vaginal scan as they can cause a little spotting from touching your cervix x

I dont mind u asking at all, and yes that is what I had done. The cramping a few minutes ago got pretty uncomfortable when trying to eat but now they have calmed down to nothing. I hope this is all normal. I just checked and it so far looks like the discharge is slowing going away. I hope it stays that way. I looked online :)wacko:) and it says that it is very common, I honestly never got this far in my last pregnancy. I guess it would be odd for all my hormone levels to be good, and my ultrasound from 24 hours ago to be great and then start having a problem

I had brown discharge in my pregnancy at 6 weeks and again at 8 weeks- i had early scans at both 'bleeds' and all they could conclude was bean had grown alot when i had the brown discharge.

Think she was just nuzzling in a bit.
Was so worrying at the time (had cramps with it too).
But had a perfect pregnancy and birth.

Ok I think everything is fine because the discharge was light and its not pretty much dwindled down to nothing. I checked and there was hardly anything. Im pretty sure it was from my transvaginal ultrasound yesterday because she kept having to go back and forth and causing irritation. Im having round ligament pains now too, so probably just think stretching on top of that. Feeling much better now. No RED!!!!!yay!!!!

I'm curious, why are you on progesterone? Did you have early spotting or low levels?

I hope everything goes smoothly for you!!! Fx

I always have a slight brown discharge during early pregnant.

I am on progesterone because at 4wks my progesterone was 27, at 4wks 2 days it was 24, and at 4wks 6 days it was 18. My doc said it was in the normal range, but she didnt like that it was slowly going down. So she put me on progesterone to make sure my levels stayed up. Last night I had absolutely no discharge at all, and today I had a slight tan discharge, but again hardly anything. No cramps today either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->