Brown spotting question

hannah27

Reaction score
I’m 14 weeks and woke up at 3:30am because the tv turned on..

I went to the toilet and had some brown spotting. Today there is also still some. It’s extremely minor and small but I’m working myself up! Anyone else had this? My gynecologist isn’t available till Tuesday. Should I leave it and not worry or go to A&E for a scan? Thanks...

Can you call the nurse at the office line? In my area there is always an on call professional to call you back and give advice.

Brown spotting can be totally normal! I even had bright red spotting one day with my last pregnancy and baby is totally healthy. :) Just keep an eye on it and if it gets worse I'd call me doctor.

I have been having off and on brown spotting for a while. They did book me for an earlier scan because of it, so you should call the doctor tomorrow.

The ultrasound tech said she couldn't see any reason for the bleed except that my placenta is over the cervix right now (will hopefully move on its own) which can cause the spotting. I'm trying not to worry about it anymore as my next scan is at 15.5 weeks (8/10).

She said I was right to call them and they do take it seriously, but that she saw nothing to worry about at this stage.

Thanks for commenting everyone above!
It didn’t happen again and I’m still feeling what I believe are flutters so I’m not worrying myself too much now!!
Have my next check up/scan in 3 weeks :)

I've had brown spotting at 5 weeks and 10 weeks and red at 13 weeks.
Each time I was seen right away, the first time was nothing and most likely just implantation but the last 2 were both a UTI that I am still battling now at 18 weeks.

All 3 times baby was fine, but I would still call, if you can, just to be safe and for your peace of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->