Brushing teeth?

S

Serene123

For the first month, she was fine, because I was using baby toothpaste, but for the past 2 months and a half since I changed to regular (because that's what the HV told me to do) she screams every time. I've tried everything, I let her brush mine, hold her toothbrush herself.. tried just letting her eat abit to get used to it.. NOTHING works!

I'm fed up fighting her every day!

normal toothpaste burns my mouth let alone a babys i would ignore the HV theres a reason theres baby toothpaste i wouldnt use proper toothpaste on riley no way

You not susposed to put normal toothpaste on! What the hell was your HV thinking!! Go back to baby hun! Dont brush her teeth with normal!

* I dont even brush Carlys with normal! She has one specifically for her age.

She said theres no flouride in the water here so we have to use normal :(

Stupid cow bag , dont listen to her sweet! You were doing what was right all along ;)

the aquafresh milk teeth one has fluoride protection 1000ppm. I don't know what they need? oh on the back it says 'your dentist may recommend a 1400 ppm fluoride toothpaste for 0-3 year olds if they have cavaties and need extra protection against tooth decay'. So I'm guessing the 1000ppm is just fine for our babies.

Sorry to butt in, but I think you should check with your dentist. If your water really does have no flouride in it, you could be looking at atrouble, if you don't brush with the correct toothpaste. He may be able to recommend a good one for her age, with extra flouride in it. I've seen the results of not enough flouride and trust me, sort it now.

What your HV said was right hun. Grace's dentist told us to use adult toothpaste because we have no flouride in our water. Try using the Aquafresh milk teeth, it won't be as strong in her mouth and she'll prefer the taste.

Hope you find one that works for you both hunny xx

What your HV said was right hun. Grace's dentist told us to use adult toothpaste because we have no flouride in our water. Try using the Aquafresh milk teeth, it won't be as strong in her mouth and she'll prefer the taste.

I really didnt know this , was told that was really bad for them as its so strong ?

hope you find something that works hon, i would have a chat with your dentist like kat said. we use aqua fresh milk teeth and maddi loves it :) x

I really didnt know this , was told that was really bad for them as its so strong ?

They say to use half a pea sized amount. I don't use the adult toothpaste on Grace, i use milk teeth coz it's got flouride and it's not strong. In some places flouride is in the water anyway so using a childrens toothpaste without flouride is fine xx

P.S your girlies are looking as cute as ever!!

You need a certain amount of flouride, it's too much or too little that causes a problem. Id listen to your dentist above everyone else.

Here we have regular toothpaste that is made for children... I used it for forever. Regardless, having her teeth brushed is first priority, no matter which toothpaste you use.

They say to use half a pea sized amount. I don't use the adult toothpaste on Grace, i use milk teeth coz it's got flouride and it's not strong. In some places flouride is in the water anyway so using a childrens toothpaste without flouride is fine xx

P.S your girlies are looking as cute as ever!!

oh im on about Adult toothpaste :lol: I thought thats what Toria was on about?? Not too sure!

Aww thanks :) There growing up very fast! :cloud9:

You should NEVER use adult toothpaste on a child under 3 unless advised by your dentist, your HV is really stupid to tell you to use adult toothpaste on a 8 month old.
Too much fluroide can cause fluorosis .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_fluorosis

there isnt enough floride in baby/toddler toothepaste that is why they tell you to use normal toothepaste. i have never used baby/toddler toothe paste with my two

I'd speak to your dentist hun. If need be, he can give you some flouride drops which you just put in her water or milk, then you can put her back on baby toothpaste. Like the others have said, the adult toothpaste can taste quite strong and will feel like it's burning.

I'd speak to your dentist hun. If need be, he can give you some flouride drops which you just put in her water or milk, then you can put her back on baby toothpaste. Like the others have said, the adult toothpaste can taste quite strong and will feel like it's burning.

I was just going to suggest Fluoride drops :rofl:

At least with those you can keep her on baby toothpaste, then you wont have such a struggle on your hands :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->