Bubs won't eat lumps arrgggghhh

dippy

Reaction score
Hey all it's me again. Another thread another issue another headache.
Well... Bubs won't have lumps not even lil tiny lumps she makes herself barf and b sick. Iv tried for months but she won't budge from stage 1 mush.
Shell eat wotsits an dats it but main meals have 2 b smooth.
Any suggestions as iv bin told that can delay speech.?
Do u think shell snap out of it.?
I think us preemie mums worryover everything but if our babies wer full term and not talkin or eatin lumps we wouldn't stress about it but cuz there born early we blame prematurity for it- when in actual fact it's probably jys a normal baby thing. Doesn't stop us worrying tho.

Have you tried the Ella's Kitchen organic pouches?
I was worrid about lumps too... and discovered them quite by accident one day and realised the stage two are ''textured not lumpy''

She was still having a bit of a problem with lumps but now that she can pick up and eat things, I give her loads of finger foods, like when I am tidying the kitchen I bring her high chair next to the door and she has some biscuits, or broccolie or something and it lets her learn about eating, about different textures etc aswell as keeping her quiet! :)

im sorry that im popping in. Kacey wasnt a prem baby. So my advise may not be right. But kacey wouldnt take lumps either. So i decided to try her on blw. She took to that very quickly as she could control what she put in her mouth. not like after i tried to spoon feed her lumps and she eat the lot.

Oooh yh ellas kitchen r good I'll try em. Yh I'm guna od her with finger food. Lol

Alex did not touch lumps until about 13 months. we REALLY struggled. Now everythings come together and she feeds herself finger foods.BLW is best avoided in early preemies because they sometimes havent develped the motor skills, so things like that can be intoduced later down the line. Try lil things as you go though, sometimes if alex had full control over what she was eating she didnt gag or throw it up.

best advice we were given to overcome it it was use heinz pasta baby stars in the stage one jars as a go between.So we started with one spoonful in the jars and progressed up. That got us onto stage 2 (along with the fact she was growing up too!)

my lo is 9 months and is starting to take lumps she used to heave and throw up as well she still has her days when she will onyl eat puree but she is now eating rice cakes and rusks ok so fingers crossed. BTW my little girl was born 6 1/2 weeks early

Yeah we had the same problems but things no seem to be a whole lot better. Cara would gag on lumps and throw up but now she can eat most stage 2s with no problems. Ellas kitchen are good and I found the heinz mums own range good too. she now can eat biscuits and strips of toast, strips of cheese so all heading in the right direction. Funny she never has a problem ith chocolate!!! Just takes time and they seem to get there, just have to keep trying. But yes I totally worried and we actually have our first speech therapy tomorrow so wondering what they will ask in terms of her eating. She babbles a lot so hopefully all good with her communication at the moment.

thanks for the ideas ladies. im guna start her on cheesy mash and other calorific fattening foods for the weight gain side of stuff. so will leave a few bumps in it.

i dont mean to sound ignorant but what is BLW - i havnt got a clue what that is. sorry.

will let u all know how it goes. wish me luck. xx

I had the same issue and started the ellas kitchen pouches and eventually literally after about 2 -3 months she one day decided to start eating proper lumps x lots of finger food too helps them used to lumps x

Andrew is still on Ellas Kitchen & Plum Stage 2 pouches, at 19 months. We keep trying jars of Stage 2, but he continues to gag and follow-up-vomit. He is also completely disinterested in finger foods and any attempt at BLW.

We were meant to be back at the Dietitian in February but no appointment materialised. Whilst it is demoralising (despite success stories like Alex), we are still of the opinion that all calories consumed are good, regardless of their form.

And the day after I post this ^^^

He ate some of a normal Stage 2 jar meal :happydance:

Abby never liked lumps. Still doesn't really, although she will eat them if she has to.

We were on stage one purees waaaaaaaaay past when she should have moved on. We just let her do it at her own pace.

As for speech - well, she's 7 months ahead of where she should be so it doesn't always follow that "late lumping" means speech problems. I think it's more of a problem if they are still refusing lumps as older children.

Awww thats great news marleysgirl. So hapy for u. X
Supose ur right - im not going to stress mysrlf out over it. Main thing is shes being fed and satisfied. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->