Budget's for other people

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkee12

Reaction score
What's your budget for other people? Does this sound ok?

OH's parents - £100 between them
My Parents - £100 between them
Sister in Law - £50
Nieces and Nephews - £10 each plus selection box
OH's Grandparents - £20 plus framed picture of the children.
OH - £150

Does that sound ok?

Sounds ok to me.
We usually buy the kids more than the adults.
£75 each mum and dad
£75 each mil and fil
£50 SIL
£50 each my bro and sis
£100 niece
£30 each cousins
£20 each aunt and uncle and grandparents
Rio's dad will get around £100 spent on him off Rio this year. We have split up since last Christmas. We used to spend around £500 on each other before rio.
When buying rio's friends gifts I usually set a £20ish budget each. X

My parents - £50-60 between them + sweet jar
OH parents - £50-60 between them + sweet jar
SIL - £20 + sweet jar
SIL partner - £10 + sweet jar
Nieces + Nephews - £15-20 each + sweet jar
Cousins - £5 each
OH - £150
Grandparents - £15 each
My sisters/OH sister and inlaws - made them glitter glasses so cost around £10 for 5 glasses, 2 pint glasses, glitter and glue :) then filling them with sweets.

My mum and dad £30 each
Sister £30
Mum dad and sisters joint pressie £20
Nan and grandad £15 each
Nieces and nephew £15 each
Other family members and friends £10 each
OH £150

Sounds ok to me.
£75 each mum and dad
£75 each mil and fil
£50 SIL
£50 each my bro and sis
£100 niece
£30 each cousins
Rio's dad will get around £100 spent on him off Rio this year. We have split up since last Christmas. We used to spend around £500 on each other before rio.

Thanks, my sis in law doesn't have children which is why we but her, I have 4 nieces and 2 nephews so can't afford to spend loads on them lol x

In hoping to buy everyone for 100 or less
This includes
Mam
2 younger sisters
Older sister and partner
2 nephews
Younger bro and sis (dads side)

We spent -

Hubby's family are bizarre and don't both with gifts outside their immediate family (so his sister only buys for her kids and her oh.. His brothers do the same)

I make Christmas cakes for Hubbys dad and step mum and his step dad. Then we do a new picture of the children in a nice frame.

My family do a big family Xmas

We spend around 30 on my dad
15-20 on each of my sisters
My mum varies but this year is around 20 as she is being awkward and wants nothing!
10 on the kids step grandad
A photo of the kids for my grandma and grandad

I do a lot of baking and Christmas cakes for friends and family xx

They sound fine, my budgets are alot lower then yours :thumbup:

I have a budget of £30 for my Grandparents
£25 each for Mum, Dad, 2x Sisters, Bro, MIL, FIL & BIL
£15 each for Step Mum, Step Dad, 2x Sisters partners
£10 each for OHs Nan & OHs uncle

OH got £150 (spent £161) and the kiddos got £175 each including stockings x

£40 each for my mum and mil
£30 for step dad
£30 for my sister and two sils and partners
£15 for mils partner
£25 for niece
£15 for dhs step sister
£25 for my grandmother
£5 each plus a selection box for my friends kids there's 5 of them.
£10 for dhs Cousin
£20 for dhs grandmother
£5 each for dh uncle, auntie and grandmother bf

Sounds ok to me.
£75 each mum and dad
£75 each mil and fil
£50 SIL
£50 each my bro and sis
£100 niece
£30 each cousins

Thanks, my sis in law doesn't have children which is why we but her, I have 4 nieces and 2 nephews so can't afford to spend loads on them lol x

I don't know how I'll get on if/when my siblings have kids or SIL has any more. Santa will have to suddenly get poor lol. X

£10 for my friends secret santa
£30 dad
£30 mamma
£100 ish for mil (birthday Xmas eve)
£20 brother
£40 OHs grandparents

I don't really have a budget for OH

Including my children my Xmas find is already over £1000 so I have to budget oh aswell lol, my birthday is also a few days before Xmas so poor hubby has extra to buy for me, he only wants Xbox games and a superdry voucher x

Including my children my Xmas find is already over £1000 so I have to budget oh aswell lol, my birthday is also a few days before Xmas so poor hubby has extra to buy for me, he only wants Xbox games and a superdry voucher x

My grandads birthday is 17th, OH's is on the 19th, and youngest SIL is on Xmas eve.

I think they forgot Christmas is in December, lol.

Mine is the 14th so OH has to buy for me twice! lol. I usually get money from my family for my bday as they can never think of enough ideas!! lol

I don't actually set a budget anymore, up until last year I did budget but found that I was buying to the budget even when I had managed to pick things up for very little money in the sales and meant they had far too much so now I buy to amounts, if I get it cheap fab. Take for instance my two nieces one I have spent £25 of actual money as her pressies were full price, her sister I paid about £5 but her value full price would have been the same and they will not know the price difference.

I'm hoping to buy for everyone with £150. That includes husband, parents, siblings, friends, plus a Secret Santa gift for work.

My budget is £500 for everyone including xmas food shop, gift bags etc and all the pressies, much better than last two years as it has been £800 to £900 odd.

We used to spend approx £50 each on parents (4 of them), £30 each on siblings and their partners (4 of them) and £30 each on our two neices. So around £400. But since DS came along we've cut right back. We now spend £50 between each set of parents, £20 between siblings and their partners, and £15 each on our neices. So around £170. We don't buy for grandparents, aunties/uncles or friends. And the gifts we do buy are from the three of us, we don't spend extra on gifts from LO. We used to give our neices money in a card for xmas and birthdays once they hit teenage years, but now they're 18/19 and have their own jobs so I've started just getting small gifts. This year they've got necklaces from the Hot Diamonds outlet shop so I only spent £14 each but their gifts are worth £50. Pleased with that!

I do spend around £30 on a gift for my best friend's daughter who is the same age as DS. She does the same for LO though and we always swap gift ideas so she buys something I had on my list for him and vice versa, so it doesn't really cost anything I wouldn't have been spending anyway IYSWIM.

For DH I just get token gifts from LO, we don't really get each other gifts because we'd rather put the money towards a holiday or something.

I don't really set budgets. I just buy until I'm happy. :) Probably about £50 per person (mum, dad, 2 sisters, 2 brothers, nana, 2 aunts and 1 uncle and my 2 cousins approx £30 each)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"