Bum pressure?

Laurenmomma

Reaction score
Sorry TMI but didn't know who else to ask as I'm so embarrassed!

I gave birth yesterday morning to my little girl who is doing amazing! Labour was all good until she turned sideways and was stuck at 9cm for almost 4 hours with her then coming out facing upwards! The pressure was horrific and was definitely my hardest to push out (4th baby)

Id felt awful pressure in my bum since I had her that I'd never felt before and tonight around 9pm I felt the urge to poo but like I had no control, ran to the toilet and loads came out but really loose (sorry)

I have just had the same thing but to the point I was about to wind her after a feed but had to run the toilet and this time it was like water again I felt like I had no control of it!

Iv never experienced diorreha after childbirth normally the opposite!

I only had gas and air through the labour and was put on a drip for blood loss afterwards so wasn't sure if it could have been that?

Any ideas what it could be? Midwife isnt back out until Wednesday and I don't fancy calling the labour ward to tell someone over the phone?

I might also breastfeeding which makes me wonder how much fluids I'm losing with it being so loose?

Did they put any pain relief up your bottom in a suppository? I had this will my little boy and it was because of that.

Did they put any pain relief up your bottom in a suppository? I had this will my little boy and it was because of that.

No didn't have no pain relief? I havnt had any more diarreha episodes since however I feel like my bum doesn't feel right when I sit on the toilet! I'm terrified incase I have a prolapse!

That is a bit weird. I remember having pressure in my butt, but I didn't have diarrhea.

Did they prescribe you any laxatives, by chance? I think the standard is colace while nursing, but it's worth asking.

If you can't get to your midwife, I think calling a doctor may be worth it if you have another episode of diarrhea. Definitely keep pedialyte and water on hand.

I had this it settled after a few days. Was v painful when gas came out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"