Bumbo seat...did you make good use of it?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Just wondering for all the mummys who have bumbos...did you make good use of yours? I havent used mine hardley as my bubs sits up on his own now...

Also do you think its ok to keep for him to sit and have his food rather than using a highchair in the meantime? x

i love the bumbo. we use it everyday, its fab and so handy can be moved around so easily. when maddi had her first and only rusk on friday i fed it too her in her bumbo. our highchair is being delivered this week but i would definitely use it to feed maddi too (when she's on food). she loves playing with her toys on her play tray :) x

I wondered if it was worth getting one of these.. (not now obviously!)

I have probably used mine a handful of times lol! He found it boring and didn't like it :(

i was gonna buy one now my baby is almost 5 months, should i not buy one then?
hes almost grown out the bouncy chair?

what age do they go in them from - I have my sisters here but not sure wheb to use it???

the guidance says 3 months. I used it from about 2 but not for long periods (he won't stay still for long periods anyway!)

I use it about twice a day. Once for him to sit in while I wash up his bottles to be sterilised and do the washing up in the morning. Then again to play in later on in the day. It's useful just to have somewhere to put them that's safe sometimes. I like it. I got mine 2nd hand off ebay and I don't think I'd have got one if I had to pay full price for it. We'll be keeping this one for use with #2 so I'd definitely recommend getting one!

Alasdair doesn't always like it and he can actually get out of it if the tray isn't on (we bought a tray just to stop him escaping!)

Oh yes. It gave Bren some freedom from laying down and such before he could sit up. It was wonderful to sit him in it and read a book. Or put it on the kitchen counter and let him watch me cook.

I think they are great...its just they grow so fast...also all babys sit alone at different times so it depends really...i just didnt expect my bubs to sit up so soon..as all health professionals say they sit up by 6months the earliest...also he has so many toys to play with so he rarely sits in it...but iv decided im going to use it to feed him for now cos hes still little...

missjacey i think they are great don't get me wrong...

Cupcake if i was you hun if your bubs is 5months i wouldn't really bother...however it is your choice...if you really want one maybe you could look on ebay?...may be cheaper and save you a few pennys xxx

Hannah doesn't stay in it long, but she never stays anywhere for long before getting bored :lol: It is handy to use, allows her to sit up and watch me do something (dishes, etc.) quickly before she gets bored. Or we sit her in it and face her towards our dresser mirror so she can "talk" to the baby in the mirror ;) We are actually using our swing for feeds, but will be getting a high chair after Christmas is over

i was going to suggest e-bay too :) i got ours from mothercare new before looking :dohh:!
we have used our's since maddi could hold her head up, which has only been about the last four weeks or so, tbh she's been slow in that area and as sam said, it allows her to sit up before she can on her own, maddi can't sit up yet and i wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't take her longer to sit up, like her head, so for us its great. maddi likes watching me cook too! and watching the tumble dryer go round and i chat to her in it whilst i iron :) but it is personally preference as a lot of things :)

:hug: x x x

Even for babies sitting up n their own, the bumbo (imo) is a convenient seat. In my case though, Alexa grew out of it after usin it only a short amount of time, because her legs are so chubby, but she loved it in the short amount of time she was able to use it.

We made so so use of it - The use we did use it was very handy. Caitlin use to sit on it at the end of the bath when I had a shower lol (had a big ledge thing) ...baby can sit up and see you whist you potter around rather than laying them down just because you want to polish or something. They have trays which would be good for snacks if weaning at the earlier than later maybe but I bought the naff one I think - theres 2 one is clear and one is white I bought the clear one!

So not too much use but great for what we did!

No not really..

Ella just climbed out of it all the time :lol:

We use it alot, usually for dinner time. She is a little small for her highchair it dwarfs her.

xx

use mine loads jack loves it. he so nosy we use it when i cook so he can watch me, he plays with his toys in it and watches me in the shower x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->