Bumbo seats

stepmum

Oliver's Mummy
Reaction score
Has anyone used one of these Bumbo seats early for their preemie? And are they any good?

Was wondering if Oliver is ok to go in one, he's been holding his head up for yonks now and he's had comments on his good head control from the docs and physios so he should be ok right?

I have a big plush car that he sits in but even wedged in with cushions he still has a tendency to slouch to one side so I wanna see if he can be upright in a Bumbo.

He's probably somewhere around 10 and 1/2lbs now (taking him to be weighed on thursday, haven't been for a couple of weeks)

I've just literally ordered it online anyway about 10 minutes ago because I'm too impatient lol so we'll soon find out but just wondering if anyone else has used one?

We have used a Bumbo for Andrew since he could hold his head up, and occasionally before then as he was so small that the back of the seat acted as a prop! The attached photo was taken when he was 5m actual, 2m corrected.

He had his 2nd birthday last month, and we still use the bumbo every morning for breakfast, he still fits into it - much better these days :winkwink:

A's special needs teacher uses it when she's playing with him, sitting him in the chair helps him to focus on whatever she's doing.

We got ours second-hand as we were dubious, but it's been one of our best investments.

Attachments

• P1020925.jpg
    P1020925.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 9
We did! Alex was a bit hit and miss with it, its a marmite thing, some kids love em, some hate them! Its great as a mini highchair for preemies too lol!
31174_388144549317_514829317_3755057_5848759_n.jpg

Both Tori and Alex love the Bumbo now. Alex is 2 now and steals it whenever Tori comes out of it :rofl:
307244_10150301899669318_514829317_7741987_1750451746_n.jpg

/We used one up untill a few weeks ago, I used to sit her in it when i had a shower even once she could sit up as it kept her still but she managed to get out of it so its now sat redundant in the corner.

WE used it for a short while but he didn't really like it so it's gone into the garage :(
It did seem to make him puke but his cousin gets on great with hers so like Sandi says - marnite.
I'll try again with the next one! Hopefully he will go in the jumperoo a bit more than his brother too lol!

aaah great, can't wait to try him in it when it comes, thanks ladies.

I've been puttin Amelia in hers for about a month. She loves it. Shes always preferred siting up to lying down. I use it to feed her in x

My two are a bit hit and miss with their bunbos. Sometimes they will sit and play for ages then we have occasions where they fight to get out of them! Alexa was about 5 months and just over 9lbs when she first went in it and I found it supported her really well.

Kamara sits in hers very well she's had it for a few weeks now so since she was around 6lb at 16weeks(5corrected) and sits in great. She's got great head control and prefers to be upright.
She's not spent too much time in it yet though, it's more just a 5 min thing while I need to put her down, she screams if I lie her anywhere but doesn't if I put her in that.

My son had 1 from around 3 months till over a yr old.

Here's Kamara in hers at 7weeks corrected now
https://i186.photobucket.com/album/x98/kelly6407/image-5.png

https://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x98/kelly6407/image-5.png

Leo had his for Christmas, so he was 3 months corrected. I only really used it after New Year, as he was still a bit wobbly for it lol. But they are fab for preemies, we really struggled with highchairs for Leo (straps around his ears, tray up to his nose etc lol) so the Bumbo was a godsend with weaning

I am torn about the Bumbo chair. When we went for a physical therapy appointment to see where katelyn was at developmentally, the PT said that the Bumbo chair's were absolutely the worst things you could use for babies, especially preemies developmentally. I have one, but not sure if I am going to use it.

Dont see how bumbos r the worst thing for babies?

My son had 1from 3 months and could sit unaided from 5 months so never affected his development or slowed him from sitting himself. Its a bloody seat fgs it's not gonna hurt them.

He seems to like it :happydance::happy dance:

Attachments

• Oliver Bumbo.jpg
    Oliver Bumbo.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 4
Andrew's hospital physio expressed no worries about us using a Bumbo for him. She also had different ideas from the norm about how long he could safely spend in a car seat ... I liked her :)

My PT said something about it affecting their posture because of the way the babies sit in it as well as possible bowlegged issues. I don't know - I put her in it and she seemed to like it so I may end up using it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->