Bumbos?

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
Hi.. I've seen that a lot of people on here have one, I was just wondering if you guys would recommend them to your friends?

I know I sound really stupid but I don't know anyone living around here that has one, they're $59.99 here, are they worth the money? Or would a bouncy chair be a better buy?

i loved it i found she was in it for about a month and she was sitting no problem by herself deffo reccomend

My cousin had one for her baby, and she swears by it. I'm planning on getting one for our little bambino too.

Where do u find them?? and what age can they use it from etc x

Suggested age is 3-14 months.
I think you can get them at different baby stores. I've seen them at Babys R Us for sure.

You can find them in argos, mothercare, babies r us etc. Think theyre from about 3ish months when they have some head control

I want one, I see so many on here using them. Funny thing is never knew of them till this website! I used baby swings and rockers with clothe material on them for my other kids.

My sister and cousin have them for their babies and they love them! My niece is 6 months...been in one for a couple of months and she really enjoys it!

I have never had one for any of my babies and have never felt they missed out on it. It's a way of sitting the baby up and leaving them sat there. I don't see the problem with sitting with your baby on your lap or on cushions etc. I would say that they are a very expensive tool and not nessary but if you feel you have the money and want one then get it xxx

we have one for maddi and think they're ace :) used it from 3months, when she had good head control, and really like it, especially with the play tray x

They're good to have, but if you're buying that or a bouncy chair, I'd go for the chair.

i have used them, and they are great really handy but don't expect them to last untill baby is anywhere near 14 months! they will def be able to wriggle their way out of them by then, but are handy for when you need to do something and baby can see what your doing. have used them for feeding in too when first on solids. i would try looking on ebay tho cos they are expensive and one of those things that don't really seem to wear at all.

I have both, but I just bought her the Bumbo for Christmas. She def. LOVES her bouncy chair and she could use it right away from a couple weeks old. I bought the Bumbo because I thought it would be easier to bring to Grandmas house for visits then the bouncy chair.

A lot of people sell them on Kijiji.com, might be worth checking out!

I've heard mixed feelings on these.
A friend of mine swears by hers!! But, someone else I know said that the if your baby has chubby legs and such, it isn't always comfortable for the baby!

Pretty sure my SIL is getting us a bumbo, I think they're cute, but no first hand experience with one!

i#m thinking of buying one from kiddicare.com or argos. My sisters friend had one and she said they are good for when u have work around the house to do and you need to make sure she/he will sit still. Jen has a bouncer but i saw her trying to get out of it yesterday and so i thought i should get one. I want the play tray too so i think it is a small worthy investment.

I bought one for my ds. Lasted all of about 2 mths before he learnt to wigge out - generally head first! No idea if the ones with the play trays stop them doing that.

Our friend has got one for their 5 month old and have used it since she could hold her head up, she loves it and I think they are a great idea and will defiantly be getting one. Take care :hugs: Xx

I had the bouncy chair and the bumbo. bumbo is great for taking places and using as highchair or sit there and watch chair I will defently be getting another as i gave mine away. we even used it to go to the outside pool and sit in the shallow end so she could have a paddle (5 months ish?) I also remember us using it in the bath to wash hair. you can suction it to the bottom of the bath so its safer (otherwise it floats LOL)

You dont neeeeed one but i like them so versitile! wipe clean too :p

I've heard mixed feelings on these.
A friend of mine swears by hers!! But, someone else I know said that the if your baby has chubby legs and such, it isn't always comfortable for the baby!

Pretty sure my SIL is getting us a bumbo, I think they're cute, but no first hand experience with one!

I am lurking on this board but have to agree, my friend says they aren't worth buying and her baby was out of it in no time...her chubby little legs just didn't fit comfortably.
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"