Bumgenius vs Teddy real nappies

PeanutBean

Mumma to B & I
Reaction score
I've had a recommendation on cloth nappies by the Nappy Lady and was wondering if anyone could offer any comments or suggestions based on their own experiences.

We've been given two options:
Teddy nappies (https://www.thenappylady.co.uk/publ...scat=5&cat=1&catname=1 Shaped Nappies - Sized) at a total cost of £290 for birth to potty.
Bumgenius (https://www.thenappylady.co.uk/publ...atname=5 Pocket and Stuffable Nappies#options) total cost of £209

Clearly the Bumgenius nappies will be much cheaper but if that is at the cost of efficacy it will be a false saving. We can get trial packs but that's another £40 or so.

Any comments?

Thanks!

I use Bambino Mio nappies and love them!

Jasper used to leak out the side and top of his disposable nappies and we've had no such trouble with our cloth nappies.

Its a pre-folded nappy system, so I think its a bit different to what your looking at, but I've not found any of it challenging myself.

Its 219 for a birth-potty kit.

I bought the starter kit for 55, but its not really enough nappies, I think if I could do it again I might be tempted to go for the bigger pack up front.

i use bambino mio and terry squares. i prefer the terry squares. not used the once you mentioned so dont know!

i got my mio birth to potty kit for 70 on ebay

I don't have any teddy nappies but I have some fluffles and little lambs which look to be the same idea- microfibre and very quick drying (honestly they are almost dry when they come out of the machine!) and you need a separate wrap. I don't find it any hassle doing the two parts nappy then wrap.

I have never got round to trying any all in ones like the bumgenius.

Would you buy second hand nappies to try out? As far as I know e bay doesn't allow you to sell used nappies any more but there are loads of other sites.

im using the mothercare smart nappies and the tots bots bamboo ones. The tots bots are more expensive but do get very wet up front with little boys. I have had no issues with the mothercare ones so far and they work with washable inserts so are easy to use. A starter pack is 35 quid and thats for 8 wraps and 6 inserts but thy are on 3 for 2 at the moment (you can buy the bits seperatly).

They also do disposable eco inserts for when you are out and about!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->