Bump behind ear- any ideas?

lady3

Reaction score
Hi all. I noticed a small bump behind Marlowe's left ear last night. It's about 3/4 of an inch behind her ear on her head and is level with the hole in her ear. It's about 1 cm in size and hard, but moves around. It doesn't bother her when I touch it. Is it a swollen lymph node, or could it be something else. Anyone have any ideas? Health Visitor comes on Friday and Marlowe gets her shots on Fri so am thinking of waiting until then rather than going to the doctor. She's a little more fussy than normal and not sleeping as well, but no fever or anything obvious signs that she could be ill. Thanks!

I forgot to say you can't see it, but can feel it.

Most probably a swollen lymph node. I had them too when I was a child. It takes a while to go away but they are harmless and not painful at all.

Colton has a little bump behind each of his ears. You can see them though, sorta. My mom is a nurse and told me it was normal.. that it was part of the bone that isn't connected and most people have them.. So I looked and OH has one; I dont think I do though.
Anyways, I would probably still ask the HV.. just for reassurance, let us know what he/she says!

my daughter has a small cyst behind her ear that can be moved around under the skin, its painless and harmless and the doctor said only to worry if it got so big it pushed her ear forward then they would just remove it. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->