Bump Casting.

MustBeMummy

Reaction score
Is anyone having a go at this. There is a belly casting kit on amazon and I thought it might be fun for my mum n I to do but thinking what to do with it after and if its just a waste of money.

Yeah, I like the idea but pragmatically thinking, where are you going to put it afterwards?! You'll have enough baby stuff to try and store away without having to make use of a plaster belly bump! I think you should just take and frame a picture of your bump - it'll take up far less room!!

I've seen these and definitely am going to give it a go.

I've had the attached picture saved on my hard drive for ages! I doubt I'll purchase a 'kit' though and will just for some plaster at a local DIY/craft shop, as it would be cheaper!

Ox

P.S edited to add i've had this bookmarked for a while too, explains how to DIY.

https://entergentlyblog.blogspot.co.uk/2010/01/make-your-own-pregnant-belly-cast.html

Attachments

• Belly-Casts-for-Pregnant-Women1.jpg
    Belly-Casts-for-Pregnant-Women1.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 16
... somehow the idea of my ex-squaddie OH slathering paper mache all over my bump is rather arousing.

(... Christ I need a shag!)

We did one and I love it. Once we paint it I'm going to hang it on the wall in the nursery!

I'll post a pic if you like?

Taking a framed photo isnt as much fun tho is it lol I cant think what id do with it after. My mum did say icant imagine a boy wanting his mates to see that. Lol

My cousins gf did one (fyi she said it hurt cuz it attached to all her little hairs on her body lol) she's big into zebra and stuff so I think she painted it zebra and pink and hung it over the crib it was very cute!

I thought about it, thought it would be fun, but also realized I'm not sure what I'd do with it. To me, it's not really a good nursery decoration. I decided against wasting any money on one. For me, I'd rather have pictures

I did it with LO and my sister who is very artistic is painting it for me with a picture of a fairy mom looking down on her little baby in a bed of flower petals...cant wait to see it..and then with the boys I'll def do it too but prolly not till 34 weeks or so and then I think I might modge podge it with different boy fabrics and then a swatch each with their birth info on it...

I just had one done last weekend at 38 weeks. I didn't buy a kit though, just bought rolls of plaster bandage on eBay as it was heaps cheaper and for less than the cost of a kit I got enough plaster to make three castings in case I stuffed up.

Dh and my mom did it and it was actually a lot of fun. When LO is born I'll be painting his/her birth information on it and using it in my newborn photo shoot (baby laying inside the bump and on top). Though I probably won't get the painting done before the photo shoot... dh doesn't want to keep it but we'll see. At the very least for $10 it will make an awesome photo prop. I just wish I'd thought to do one with my first pregnancy.

The whole idea seems creepy to me, even of painting it and putting it in a nursery seems weird. To me, body parts do not make decorations, even if they are plaster and paint.

My SIL told me she wished she'd been able to afford to do it when pregnant and I couldn't even formulate a response I was so weirded out. If you want your kids to see what you looked like while pregnant with them... pictures work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->