Bump hasn't grown in three weeks... worried

HannahMae

Reaction score
Hi all! So, I'll be 30 weeks pregnant tomorrow with my lil human. Can't believe it!

I had my regular 28 week appointment yesterday (despite being almost 30 weeks ) and unfortunately have been referred for a growth ultrasound as my bump hasn't grown at all since my last appointment three weeks ago. My midwife was reassuring and said that it's possible that the first measurement may have been inaccurate, plus I'm fairly tall so it's possible baby may have been well tucked away, but she referred me for a growth scan just in case.

I stupidly Googled static bump growth and saw posts about placentas failing and babies being born early so now I'm super worried My ultrasound is on Monday morning. I've previously had a miscarriage so was already anxious before this. I've also been up to hospital a couple of times for reduced movements, though thankfully all has been well on those occasions.

So worried

I hope your scan goes well. :hugs: It can also happen when baby moves position etc.

I had the same with my first pregnancy around 34 weeks. They said baby hadn't grown in three weeks and sent me for a growth scan. Everything was fine and baby had just changed position. Measuring fundul height is an inaccurate method and causes a lot of anxiety in pregnancy as it doesn't give an accurate measurement and can easily change. Hope everything will be OK :)

Just wanted to write because I know how scary it feels not knowing what is going on, especially waiting for an ultrasound. The exact same thing happened to me around the same time (30/33 weeks) in BOTH my pregnancies and they sent me for a growth scan and everything was perfect. Actually baby #2 I missed an appointment and it looked like there was no growth for 5 weeks and still ultrasound showed everything was fine :) I was told the same about those measurements being off for lots of reasons (different person taking measurements, baby moves position, being tall/slim baby can hide somehow) hopefully that helps you worry less until yours scan and fingers crossed it’s perfect xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->