Bump size and baby size!!

leedsforever

Kerry!
Reaction score
Well we all know that we get comments made to us about our size throughout pregnancy!!

Whilst B&B was down I found out that even my lil sis was getting comments made to her at work about my size!!! She is working with someone who is 4 weeks behind me and very very petite indeed!!!

An office being an office comments are being thrown around that my sis was getting quite upset about!! Like.... oooh your sis must be having a real big baby and I bet she has loads of stretch marks... I just dont understand why people can be so bitchy about pregnancy!!! Anyways so what if Im having a big baby!!! Wont make me love her any less!! Everything is fine with my measurements so Im happy :)!!

I just wanted some comments from you guys who have had babies before.....

Does size of bump determine the size of your baby?? :baby:

I dont think it does as it can just be position and water etc but just curious !!!

oh my god i am so sorry i get the same bt the opposite way round during my first trimester i asked a person if i could sit down on the bus as i was so knackered and they just gave me an evil look and even now at 27 weeks i am still quite small and a frined of mine that i hadnt seen in a long while and i hadnt told yet said oh my god your looking terribly bloated

i am anorexic you see and people are not used ot seeing me with meat on my bones and i get really annoyed

so we are at teh same stage and getting teh same annoying comments

oh youll love this one

someone said to me your not very big that means that you wont get stretch marks but the birth will be horrific or youll baby will cry all the time youll always get something bad

how horrible is that?

it just makes me laugh how people think they know so much about babies and pregnancy but they really have no clue!! I am big.... but I have no stretch marks!!! And also both of my OH's nieces who were carried by bigger women than me were only 6lb 9oz!!
Im big but she moves around so much... i get low kicks then kicks to right then left in a matter of 30 mins... also can feel her move across!! So shes not abnormally large at all... anyway the professionals should be left to decide!!!
Sorry your getting bad comments too hun :hug:

oh yep i feel loads of movements too i also think her foot gts stuck under my rib cage sometimes lol

Does size of bump determine the size of your baby?? :baby:

It depends how baby is laying, if you are carrying a lot of fluid or little fluid. Also your diet has a lot to do with it as well :)

Bump size doesnt mean a big baby. Babies will grow all on their own, with healthy nutrition they will end up a size at birth, no matter how much weight the mother puts on.

Some women put on more fat, which takes longer to loose after birth. Some women who are more active do not put on as much weight and will loose it easier after.

A woman who is 5'4 and weighed 115-125 before pregnancy should put on 25-30lbs. And almost half of that is baby/placenta/waters which are gone after birth. So take away 12 from your 25 and that is 13lbs to loose after pregnancy. A women of comparable height and overweight to begin with should not be packing on tons more weight.

That is just approximate weights/heights though.

I think I have a fairly small bump, but I keep getting told that Junior is a 'good size' and quite long, so I don't think it does.

It is really hurtful some comments you get... I didn't really geta bump till about 30 weeks and people were telling me things like if I don't eat properly then Ill hurt the baby... but I was eating fine. People dont understand that not everyone is the same.

Ignore the hurtful comments, its not worth getting upset over. People are ignorant!

xxx

You know baby is healthy-so ignore the nasty comments. They must all be jealous or something!

keely.x

I was absolutely HUGE with Charlie but he was 6lb9 and a hell of a lot of water!

I got quite a few comments, most of which came from my MIL. My stock response was, "Yep! I'm a whale!" whilst grinning wildly.

Shut them up instantly. ;)

I dont think bump size has anything to do with the size of your baby - my mum was absolutely huge when she had my sister, went 12 days overdue and my sister was 6lb exactly - tiny baby! Im enormous too but have been told my LO is measuring small. A woman I work with has an 18 month old and when she was pregnant she was tiny but her little boy was nearly 10lb so I really dont think it makes a difference.

I hate it too that people can be so nasty. Im really big for 27 weeks but dont have a single stretchmark and am really proud of my bump. My SIL is about 15 weeks and is not showing in the slightest. We are all going on a family holiday next year and she keeps commenting to me that I will have to cover myself up on hols as I'll be covered in stretchmarks and have saggy boobs because im so big already whereas she will get her figure back in no time because shes not gained any weight. I hate the fact people think they can comment because your pregnant. The next person that does will be getting a mouthful!!!

I am only 5 ft tall and when preg with my first I was HUGE! it didnt help having a desk job :telephone: to be honest as I grazed constantly :oops: plus there were two other women due around the same time as me and they had nice neat bumps! Just before I had him I measured 48 inches around my bump! :huh::huh: In my case I did have a big baby (9lb 8oz!)
Second time around my bump was a bit smaller (46 inches) yet my daughter weighed only 7lb 2oz! but there was a lot of water!
Were all different and I know how hurtfull the comments can be (think I heard them all) But try to ignore them, there the ones with the problem not you.

oooo it makes me so cross! They wouldnt bloody say it if you werent preganant so why say it now!!

my mum was huge with me and i was 3lb (6 weeks prem) and im now 5ft 10! So i dont think anyof it is related!

I don't think bump size has anything to do with the size of your baby! I know someone who only gained 10 pounds throughout pregnancy, had a tiny bump and ended up having a 9 pound baby!!

And really all that matters in the end is that you have a happy healthy baby, I don't know why people can't see this!

My Bump was HUGE and i had a 9lb 1oz baby ;)

I dont think bump size has anything to do with the size of your baby - my mum was absolutely huge when she had my sister, went 12 days overdue and my sister was 6lb exactly - tiny baby! Im enormous too but have been told my LO is measuring small. A woman I work with has an 18 month old and when she was pregnant she was tiny but her little boy was nearly 10lb so I really dont think it makes a difference.

I hate it too that people can be so nasty. Im really big for 27 weeks but dont have a single stretchmark and am really proud of my bump. My SIL is about 15 weeks and is not showing in the slightest. We are all going on a family holiday next year and she keeps commenting to me that I will have to cover myself up on hols as I'll be covered in stretchmarks and have saggy boobs because im so big already whereas she will get her figure back in no time because shes not gained any weight. I hate the fact people think they can comment because your pregnant. The next person that does will be getting a mouthful!!!

Im huge too.... (close due dates me and you!!! :happydance:)
But I dont have a single stretch mark either... and like you said PROUD of bump!!!

All your girls comments are proof that it doesnt matter how your bump look or how much weight you gain it just doesnt determine your babys size!!! People are so uneducated!!! :hissy: and RUDE!!! :hissy:

Well my bump was measuring 32cm at 30 wks, the consultant said that was fine as about 2 cm of that would be fluid so 30cm belly for 30 wks....if that makes sense?? I'm a bit worried about him being big and my ex keeps telling me how big I am but I know he'll be just as he's meant to be when he comes. xx

Im really big for 27 weeks but dont have a single stretchmark and am really proud of my bump. My SIL is about 15 weeks and is not showing in the slightest. We are all going on a family holiday next year and she keeps commenting to me that I will have to cover myself up on hols as I'll be covered in stretchmarks and have saggy boobs because im so big already whereas she will get her figure back in no time because shes not gained any weight.

OK, that is ridiculous, of course a woman will be bigger at 27 weeks than at 15! It's not like I'm going to be looking at women who are in their third trimester and thinking, "Ha, I'm so much smaller than she is," because there is a big difference in the size of the baby.

Besides, my mom was really big with both my brother and I and had absolutely zero stretch marks on her stomach and is actually smaller in her late 40s than she was before she had us. People can be so ignorant...

I hate it when people comment on my size! I don't even mind the "Oh you're getting big!" comments, but it's the ones like "WOW YOU'RE ONLY 7 MONTHS!? YOU LOOK AS BIG AS A HOUSE!" comments that drive me to damn near kill a person! Have they no mind?:hissy:

I had a small bump me at 39 weeks: https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v382/jessyca_lang/Photo71.jpg
And my baby was 8.2 lbs and 21.5 inches long!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->