Bump size not changing

MummaBear16

Reaction score
Hi Ladies :)

Has anyone else experienced long periods without their bump growing? I have a bump, but I feel like it's hardly grown bigger between 12 weeks and 16 weeks (17 weeks tomorrow). I'm not worried at all, just find it fascinating! I can feel baby moving about, so no concerns there! With my other pregnancies I didn't notice such a stall in bump size for so long. I guess maybe I had some bloat and it's slowly being replaced by real bump :shrug:

Honestly I felt like my bloat looked like my bump and it only changed last week lol

Here is my bump gallery some are more zoomed in but the big changes were 14 to 15 and 18 to 19. Otherwise they look the same to me/everyone else lol

Attachments

• IMG_9580.jpg
    IMG_9580.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 72
Oh, yes. With some of my pregnancies, I've had "growth spurts" and my belly would get much bigger seemingly overnight, but in between those growth spurts, I wouldn't grow at all. I certainly didn't mind it, except I'd bump into things with my belly when it would grow quickly because I had no time to adjust. lol. (I tend to bump into things with my pregnant belly and my butt which has been big since I was a baby, anyway... so... not much hope for me. lol)

Wow Dobby, thanks :) being my third pregnancy, I was expecting to be bigger this time.. but I'm smaller than last pregnancy which was only last year. I'm glad I'm not the only one stalling!

Haha xdxxt, I definitely sometimes don't consider my bump when walking past things or shutting doors etc!

This is 12 weeks to 16 weeks (last week). I guess maybe the bump looks fuller, but not much bigger! I am a decent size for my gestation though, I guess!

Attachments

• Collage 2017-03-19 10_51_22.jpg
    Collage 2017-03-19 10_51_22.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 49
I don't feel like my bump is growing either. I guess I shouldn't complain that I seem to still be fitting in the majority of my regular clothes. I was a little worried that the baby may have some form of dwarfism, but I was told that all the measurements at my 20 week scan looked normal. I guess my pre-pregnancy fat stores are hiding it well. lol

Haha, I wish I could say the same for fitting in my clothes!! All my shirts have been too short to nicely cover the top of my trousers since my bump is quite round already. I got big quickly though, so I guess that's why I'm not noticing much change for now! I was bigger at this stage last pregnancy.. I must have big organs with no room for a baby to hide :haha:

Ill be 20 weeks this friday and the bit of bump i get disappears...Today I actually have one..for now anyways lol..often by night time its gone. This pic is 19 weeks 3 days with baby number 2.

Attachments

• thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg
    thumbnail_FullSizeRender.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 6
Wow!!! That's amazing! Did you stay small with your first pregnancy, may55? You must be tiny when not pregnant!

I had a nice round big bump at this stage with my first :O and im really just average size when not pregnant.. Ive gained 4lbs as of this morning so far this pregnancy, yet I eat all day lol. Very very different pregnancy this time around.

Is it a girl? :winkwink: it's funny how different some pregnancies can be.

I find out tomorrow!! :D Hoping so hard for a girl lol! Many people think it is but ive convinced myself its another boy.. happy with whatever of course but fingers tightly crossed for some pink in my life :p

Ooh, make sure you update here! I'm the same, mine is probably a boy, but secretly would love a girl! Haha either way, I'm not really too fussed though! A heathy baby is what matters :)

Soooo :) We had our ultrasound yesterday, baby is 100% healthy AND A BOY!! I am officially very outnumbered lol. A girl would have been nice for sure but were overjoyed :D

Congratulations!! So differences in pregnancy means nothing when it comes to the gender :haha: you'll have another boy to look after his mumma :)

Congrats on your boy! I know you were hoping for team pink but I'm sure your DS is excited about a little brother

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->