Bump to Kyla in 5.5 hours!!

Char&Bump-x

Me and her
Reaction score
hiya girls, in hospital still but thought i'd pop on quickly and do a quick story!

So..

Friday 14th August - had a sweep at 9.30am, went home, no pains, no bleeding, nothing! went to bed at half 10ish, and woke up to a period like pain at 11.10. Bill was still downstairs with some friends, and because i didnt think anything major of the pain i just left him to it and got in the bath. Started getting more pains, about 10 mins apart when i then realised they actually were contractions, bills mates left at 1 and he came upstairs to find me still sitting in the bath now in quite a lot of pain. Got quite a telling off for not getting him earlier lol.

By 2 i was in a lot of pain, my thighs were killing me from where id been tensing up and i could hardly walk. Rang labour ward who sent a midwife to us. She did an internal exam and found out i was 3cm dilated and my waters had gone, which i hadnt felt at all!! she said it was probably best to stay at home for a bit unless i really needed pain relief, so the second she left i rang my mum to come get me cos i just wanted my legs chopped off they hurt that bad!!

Got to hospital at 4am with contractions coming every 3 minutes, begged my midwife to get an epidural for me, which she started arranging. I then announced to everybody i thought i was going to poo myself (not one ounce of dignity left by this time) so she said thats sometimes a sign of needing to push and she'd check me again - 10cm! So there went the chances of my epidural! After 15 mins of pushing, screaming and just generally being abusive to bill, poor bloke, Kyla was born at 4.39 weighing 8lb 8oz, right little chubber!!

Had a lot of problems with giving birth to the placenta, and lost nearly 2 litres of blood, so being kept in until my blood levels are back to normal, as they are half what they should be! If they havent levelled out by tomorrow morning im facing a 9 hour blood transfusion and will be in until at least wednesday! So fingers crossed they sort out.

Anyway, Kyla is fine, i feel fine and we're coping wll, Bill is over the moon to be a dad too. Will get pictures on as soon as i can!

x

Congratulations hunni!
You did so well, i bet she is gorgeous
xx

congratulations hun! sounds like you had a positive birth! xx

Congratulation chick! I seen photos in the Third Trimester, Kyla is gorgeous:cloud9:

Yay congrats hun! Hope your blood picks back up and you dont need the transfusion. You and Kyla coming to the meet now?! lol well done sweetie, cant wait to see pics xxx

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congrats, you did so well! Cant wait to see pics of your princess X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back