Burning uterus? Pressure and cramps

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
I saw my doctor today and no UTI or bacterial infection at first glance. Yet it burns when I pee and I have trouble peeing...my uterus or something down there hurts and feels like it is on fire.
They sent another sample to the lab and I get the results next week yet this is getting more painful. What could it be?

I can't think of any good reason for this. It seems like a regular UTI would almost be a easy answer here and its too bad it couldn't be determined. Was the doctor able to rule out other common pregnancy problems like thrush? Is everything OK with your cervix? Could this be somehow connected to the constipation you described elsewhere? By the way, I am all over the diarrhea-constipation spectrum too. In pregnancy it doesn't really seem to correlate to diet and water intake, just crazy hormones or something.

I was not constipated as long as I avoided eating too much starch until week 12. Since then my hormones have been crazy, I had dizzyness and blood sugar problems, acne, constipation. The doctor blamed in on the progesterone suppositories saying it is an overload with my placenta also producing progesterone. So I was told to quit taking them. But it does not seem like progesterone could cause such problems?
Also the pain is definitely more near the bladder and uterus than in the back...I have only eaten fruits and meat these past days to avoid constipation :( (fiber and starch is my worst enemy, dairy seems to constipate me some in pregnancy)

She did a swap so I think trush and other bacterial infections could be detected with that. However she said the progesterone can make it hard to test for that so she is sending it into the lab. But they don't recommend any antibiotics in the meantime until they get the results next week.

I totally does seem like a bladder problem...weirdly whenever I felt I had a UTI it came back negative. At 8 weeks I was literally only peeing tiny amounts and it burned when I went..yet the test said no UTI. I self treated with grapefruitseedextract and it went away. But this is weird as I can still pee large amounts often times...other times I will strain and focus to try and get out all the pee. A little bit always seems to be left. I have had slight urination problems ever since my first pregnancy. Like my stream seems much weaker. My son was very low and on my bladder so I constantly felt like peeing, but only getting out drops.

Maybe there is still hope that it is a regular UTI then. Maybe it is a combination of things. I guess for now try not to drink too much water so that you don't have to continuously irritate the system.

Can you begin the grapefruitseedextract again? Also cranberries will help!! I don't have anymore advice... I'm sorry you're having all these issues. :/

I am taking the GSE right now and it should help with a UTI and BV in case I have one. It takes a day to work so I will see tomorrow. I am drinking tons of water. Atm I am still in a lot of pain, including weird, strong lower back pain now. I really hope this works or else ER.

Oh I'm sorry your feeling poorly :( maybe it is a uti that's the only thing I can think of that will cause pressure and painful urination. For that a urine culture is best. See if you feel better by tonight if not go to the ER . They take pregnant women very seriously. Try tons of water too maybe that will help? Hope u feel better keep us posted xx

Oh I'm sorry your feeling poorly :( maybe it is a uti that's the only thing I can think of that will cause pressure and painful urination. For that a urine culture is best. See if you feel better by tonight if not go to the ER . They take pregnant women very seriously. Try tons of water too maybe that will help? Hope u feel better keep us posted xx

Yes it seems most typical for a UTI. I think the grapefruitseed extract alone may not be strong enough to better it within just a day so I took one tablet of penicillin to jump start bettering in case it is a UTI.

I am not sure about our ER though...with my Chemical they left me in the hallway for over an hour despite me bleeding and sobbing under cramps. I passed clots while waiting and when the doctor saw me there was no sign of a pregnancy so I got a "you probably weren't even pregnant"...like wtf. Despite me having jad positive tests before and shortly after the MC. Everyone was so unsympathetic.

I called and asked if they could even do lab tests tonight but all they would do is monitor as the lab is only open during the day so I might as well wait at home for now. Sure hate there is no emergency lab since a pregnant woman can go into preterm labor from waiting during such infections...:growlmad:

That's terrible :( I sure hope your Dr can get to the bottom of it quickly !! Good call on the tablets you started. Just make sure penicillin is the right one for uti. My sister in law is a Dr and apparently cipro and macrobid are the best to treat uti infections. Not sure what the generic names are ...

That's terrible :( I sure hope your Dr can get to the bottom of it quickly !! Good call on the tablets you started. Just make sure penicillin is the right one for uti. My sister in law is a Dr and apparently cipro and macrobid are the best to treat uti infections. Not sure what the generic names are ...

It is generic Penicillin V but according to embryo tox (A German site to check on medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding) says it is the safest one available during pregnancy. Even doctors check this site for info sometimes!

I am sensitive to Antibiotics and Cipro actually got me into the hospital with a stomach an intestinal infection last year. So I hope the penicillin is better tolerated. That's why I reach for GSE first and if that does not work try GSE and a small dose of 1-3 tablets of antibiotics.

Actually I think I have a bladder incontinence.
https://www.familydoctor.co.uk/unassigned-articles/incontinence-problems-with-emptying-the-bladder/

I just spent 10 minutes squeezing out small streams of urine with all the power that I have an squatting over the toilet. I actually had to stop bc there was no end to urine streaming out....This is really weird. I will have my bladder looked at tomorrow.

Strange, maybe doing kegel exercises will help strengthen your muscles!!

Also possibly pressure on your bladder or urethra spasms? I found these stories: sounds like your situation!

https://www.babycenter.com/400_difficulty-urinating_895396_593.bc

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/7294419/trouble-emptying-bladder

https://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php?topic=11560.0

Hi M, sorry to hear about this. I definitely had the feeling of a burning uterus at around 7 weeks, when I had the SCH. Not sure if it was related. This pregnancy I never feel the typical urge to pee. It just gets slightly painful in the bladder area and then that's my sign I have to go. And it's always just a little pee. It seems to be like this for the past 10 weeks, so I don't worry. I recognise the pain now and go and it goes away after I'm done.
Go to ER though if you feel there might be a blockage of your urethra or something. Let us know what's going on!

I remember my Dr mentioning something about baby's positioning on the bladder at around your gestation that can make peeing difficult if you have a retroverted uterus ( not sure if you do). The exercise he told me to do in my first pregnancy was on all 4's and arching back.., it's supposed to take the pressure off until uterus adjusts. Also when u pee try leaning forward while sitting on the bowl. Hope this made sense I just thought of it xx

So I am feeling almost normal this morning after one round of penicillin. The heavy feeling is almost gone, no more cramps, the burning is very minor. Now I'm debating who to see...
The ER may do some tests today but they don't do anything during the weekend so I'd have to wait until I can get an appointment next week to be checked more. They treat you as an outpatient unless you are dieing. I will have to pay too since I maxed out my insurance's coverage for these type of services.

I am thinking about seeing a GP. They could do an ultrasound on my bladder and empty it is needed.
I think I managed to empty my bladder better pretty well last night. If I strain hard I get more out just I was afraid to strain

Hi M, sorry to hear about this. I definitely had the feeling of a burning uterus at around 7 weeks, when I had the SCH. Not sure if it was related. This pregnancy I never feel the typical urge to pee. It just gets slightly painful in the bladder area and then that's my sign I have to go. And it's always just a little pee. It seems to be like this for the past 10 weeks, so I don't worry. I recognise the pain now and go and it goes away after I'm done.
Go to ER though if you feel there might be a blockage of your urethra or something. Let us know what's going on!

I have been having the pee problem for a while too but it has gotten worse. At first the lain really would go away after emptying my bladder.

I remember my Dr mentioning something about baby's positioning on the bladder at around your gestation that can make peeing difficult if you have a retroverted uterus ( not sure if you do). The exercise he told me to do in my first pregnancy was on all 4's and arching back.., it's supposed to take the pressure off until uterus adjusts. Also when u pee try leaning forward while sitting on the bowl. Hope this made sense I just thought of it xx

My OB never mentioned a retroverted uterus. I do the leaning foward and now I also try to squat. I will try the exercise on all fours, thanks!

Strange, maybe doing kegel exercises will help strengthen your muscles!!

Also possibly pressure on your bladder or urethra spasms? I found these stories: sounds like your situation!

https://www.babycenter.com/400_difficulty-urinating_895396_593.bc

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/7294419/trouble-emptying-bladder

https://welltellme.com/discuss/index.php?topic=11560.0

Yeah I think I may need Kegels!

This also sounds like it...whatever it is it is definitely a bladder problem. Not sure if something else is affected. Why can't these things happen on mondays? Always on the weekend for me :/

Thank you! It is so odd though, saw another doctor and no one knows what it is/ was still...:/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->