Burping

Izzie74

Reaction score
How long does it take to burp after bf? I always try and burp lo, she doesn't always burp, but sometimes if she hasn't and I out her down the milk comes back up and I feel bad for not trying harder. How long should I rub her back for after feeding? Is this the best way? Will she/should she always burp?

They won't always burp! I usually would lay my LO on my chest after feeding and pat his back 10 minutes. If no burps, I called it good. I know there are lots of ways but we just always used the over shoulder.

It depends on the baby. My boys have always needed burped but my DD rarely did.
Over the shoulder is usually best but you can also try lying lo across your lap on their tummy and patting their back. Also holding them in a sitting position then laying them down and sitting them back up.
I sometimes find that even if these positions don't work, they do enough that if you put lo back on your shoulder, a burp comes out x

I read 10 minutes somewhere! (Maybe on Kelly Mom? I was on there a lot yesterday!) I pat her back properly for three or so, then keep her upright with the occasional extra pat until we get to 10ish minutes :flower:

My health visitor told me to try for a few minutes, and if nothing comes up, assume it has gone down lol. My LO has never been a colicky baby so I have never worried too much if she doesn't burp (she usually does straight away).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->