Burping

emyandpotato

Reaction score
What's your consensus on it? Do you think it's okay or do you try to dissuade it? Just wondering really! LO is three and burps without shame but does say "excuse me" afterwards. What age do I start telling him it's not okay in public?

I think if they burp then as long as they say excuse me then it's fine. If they start messing around trying to do it on purpose then I would say that's not okay.

I agree, I don't think anyone can really say burping is bad as long as they say excuse me after. If its just a natural one not forced and silly.

my 5 year old still burps shamelessly only recently started saying "pardon me" I don't agree its not ok in public as its not really something you can control . I think if they say excuse me its fine really

I've been thinking the same about it recently, I've just come to the conclusion that as long as she says excuse me after then it's fine. She rarely burps so it's not a huge thing for us.

Ben always says pardon me after, but also then giggles stupidly and declares what he's done. I might have a chat with him in a year or so and explain it's be politer if he tried to disguise it in public, as you said it's a natural thing BUT I don't go around doing it in public, if I have to I try to cover it up!!!

As long as they say excuse me afterwards for a genuine burp, I don't mind. But purposefully burping in public to be funny is another story, and I do tell them its rude and to stop. My older son has a good friend who does this a lot, and then gets my son burping on purpose when they are together, and I have to tell him to stop because we don't "make" ourselves burp to be funny when we are out.

So long as they say 'pardon me' afterwards its fine in my book. Maria laughs as well though and then I can't help but laugh.

If my kids do it as long as they say excuse me then i am ok with it. Mine are still young and dont always put hand over their mouth. When they are older to understand i would expect this

So long as they say 'pardon me' afterwards its fine in my book. Maria laughs as well though and then I can't help but laugh.
My son laughs when he farts lol. And he goes mum i fart then laughs lol

My son laughs when he farts lol. And he goes mum i fart then laughs lol

So does Maria hah

Then u just end up laughing lol

Yup! I always make it worse because I can't help but laugh. I'm such a big kid in that way, love fart jokes and singing about poo.

Agree with everyone else :). Aslong as my son says 'pardon me' I don't have a problem with it. Sometimes can't be helped!

I will intervene if they are doing it on purpose. If they can't help it then I don't mind as long as they try to cover it and say excuse me.

Hah I still remember the first time I went to a new friend's house for dinner and I decided to impress them all by showing off how I can burp on command :rofl:

I will intervene if they are doing it on purpose. If they can't help it then I don't mind as long as they try to cover it and say excuse me.

Yea im same. My daughter does it on purpose sometimes and i tell her off

Thanks guys! I just didn't want him to think it's funny and start doing it on purpose. He says 'moo me' (excuse me) afterwards so I guess that's enough for a three year old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->