"But are you sure it's not twins?!"

LoneWanderer

Reaction score
Anyone else on the big side and tired of hearing that? I certainly am...

Indeed, I'm getting really sick of people pointing out just how large my bump is... Coming up on 33 weeks now, and I've not been too worried about labour until now, but honestly the fear is starting to creep in.

I am big, especially compared to my usual small stature. I am aware of how big I am because, contrary to popular belief, I have actually seen myself in a mirror(!) Yet family, friends, acquaintances, strangers - even the midwife at antenatal class - all seem to feel the need to constantly point out to me how large my bump is.

My own midwife has measured baby at 90th percentile and above the growth curve. That's pretty alarming, yes. I'm 5'3 and pre-pregnancy I was 9.5 stone, UK size 10. Not a large person. I've gained 3.5 stone in 33 weeks - which is mainly all bump tbh. I fully expect to have a large baby, and I am mentally preparing myself as best I can.

But for the love of all things holy, why the hell can't people stop pointing out to me how big I have got, and how large baby will be, and how there "must be a couple in there", and how awful labour is sure to be? It's driving me INSANE now. I'd love just one person to say "hey, you look great, congrats on the baby" and leave it at that.

END OF RANT :rofl:

32weeks.jpg

Last edited:
Hon u are a legend u absolutely make me howl with laughter so much.
Been feeling super low and irritable and emotional today and then I see ure post and in laughing.
The best thing of all is I've had the same comments.
I'm also small and slim naturally so my bump looks big. I've put on 2 stone so far but I'm not sure if that's all pregnancy or the steroids I have to take for my liver.

At 27 weeks a woman who worked behind the counter at a charity shop was like when u due. So I told her I was only 27 weeks and still had a long way to go. And her reply was jeez u look full term and ready to drop now. I came out the shop very red faced and very pissed off Haha.

Also had the twins comment of a few people.
And it's so bloody annoying.

I'm 30 weeks will add pics. But honestly hon u look amazing and that's a perfect 33 week bump. It's a baby we are growing not a mouse. Pluss theres water and placenta in there it's not all baby. My tummy is still quite squishy so must be carrying alot of water. Although baby is getting me right under the ribs now so think he will be long and skinny lol.
20190805_172246.jpg 20190805_171156.jpg

Girlll!! Yes!

Everyone’s like you’re about to pop and my response is nope not until October! I am super short so my belly has only one direction to grow which is out! Both my other babies were 6 pounders and this one seems to be on that same track, but my belly always measure 2 or more weeks ahead! Like I see myself daily, I don’t need you reminding me

Before my surgery everyone would point out my stomach and ask boy or girl? Twins? I wasnt pregnant!

I dont know why people think it's ok to say things to people...

With dd3 everyone made comments all the time because my bump was huge (bub was born 10lb 7oz), I even had a stranger at the shops say ‘are you sure you don’t have a football team in there’, I politely pretended to laugh ‘no just one’ I replied. People love commenting when your bump is big, it’s annoying! For the record despite my big bub my labour was 3 hours long and relatively easy (as far as labour goes) so try not to stress.

Oh luv, us shorter statured ladies always seem to poke out a fair bit. No where for babes to go but out.
I think you look fantastic!!

You look amazing! Everyone's bumps are all different shapes and sizes and I've had 'you sure it isn't twins' from early on! I'm usually so small framed so any type of bump makes me look like I'm huge! I'm almost 3rd tri now and I'm double what I was at full term with my second baby haha

With dd3 everyone made comments all the time because my bump was huge (bub was born 10lb 7oz), I even had a stranger at the shops say ‘are you sure you don’t have a football team in there’, I politely pretended to laugh ‘no just one’ I replied. People love commenting when your bump is big, it’s annoying! For the record despite my big bub my labour was 3 hours long and relatively easy (as far as labour goes) so try not to stress.

Ooooh 10lb 7!!!! What a great size lol! In thinking this baby might be bigger than my 2 other babies and hes measuring ahead, I guess that's why I look so huge! My two were 7lb and 8lb 4, and my bigger baby was the quickest and easiest baby to deliver! If this baby is 10lb like yours in hoping he comes out nice and quick haha

I feel your pain! It’s my third so everything has been stretched out twice before so it makes me look huge. Add to that, that she’s sitting really low and everyone feels the need to make appalled faces when I tell them I still have another month. “You’re not going to make it to September!” “You’re so big! Sure there’s not more than one in there?”

The next person who says that is getting eaten

You look fabulous and people are bad mannered at best and completely unthinking at worst. I wasn't very big, in fact I was pretty gutted at 39 weeks when I mentioned to someone that I was on maternity leave and they hadn't noticed I was expecting - no one ever noticed and gave me a bus seat!!! Enjoy this part of your pregnancy and make sure someone always gets up to give you a seat!!

I think you look great and right on track!

And you should definitely eat the next person that says that!! Haha

I said to my mother yesterday that I finally feel like my growing bump has levelled off, and that I finally look about right for eight months along.

She looked at me long and hard and said, "nah, I think you still look pretty big".

Cheers, Ma(!)

I said to my mother yesterday that I finally feel like my growing bump has levelled off, and that I finally look about right for eight months along.

She looked at me long and hard and said, "nah, I think you still look pretty big".

Cheers, Ma(!)
I told my mom I wasn't sure if my baby was going to be small as predicted based on how both the father and I and tiny people. She told me I'm bigger than she ever got while pregnant...I'm only 29 weeks. :shock: measuring 1 week small according to my midwife today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->