Button's getting healthy journal

buttonnose82

Wife & Mummy
Reaction score
I have been reading other peoples journals and thought I would start my own.

Yesterday me & DP started our getting healthy program, we are going to try and make better choices with food, reduce portion sizes and get fitter.

My aim is to reach or get as close to my goal weight as possible by June 2010 when myself & DP start TTC.

My weight check day will be a monday, so my week will run monday - sunday.

Start weight (June 15th) - 11st 9lb (ugh :dohh:)
Height - 5'3
Goal weight - 9st 7lb
Overall goal loss - 26lb (2st 2lb)

I am going to set myself smaller goals to reach as I find those easier to focus on. So my first goal is to lose 9lb (be 11st even)

I can't remember what i ate yesterday but today i have had a bowl of porridge (made with half water & half skimmed milk) with a tiny bit of maple syrup for breakfast, then for lunch I had half a can of tomato soup with 2 slices of wholemeal bread & lighter spread and a small handfull of blanched peanuts & raisens

For tea we are having stir fry chicken in a peri peri sauce with noodles and stir fry veg

i forgot breakfast this mornign so just had a banana and thought i'd just sit it out till lunch as not overly hungry anyway.

dinner was yummy last night, OH moaned about his portion size of meat before he ate but after he finished he admitted it was the right amount ..... yay!

yesterday went well! lunch was 1/2 can of tomato soup, 2 slices of wholemeal bread with a thin layer of light spread and a strawberry low fat yogurt yay, tea was a tomato/tuna/pasta bake thing i made with carrots & sweetcorn.

the packet for the instructions of the pasta thing said it serves 4, usually we would have eaten about 1.3 year and the last 1/3 DP would have taken for lunch today, but no, i was good and divided it into the 4 portions it should be and we had our 1/4 each and the rest is in the fridge for tomorrow. I bulked up our carrots & sweetcorn instead, our plates were full and when finished we both felt satisfied instead of feeling stuffed yay!

It's a strange feeling not feeling stuffed after a meal and instead feeling satisfied but I like it and am getting used to it, it makes me feel 'lighter' in body already even if it isn't in weight yet. I am sure this will help with my IBS also which will be a huge bonus as it has been bad at times recently

sounds like its going well so far :D try and remember breakfast though, its key for weight loss! gets ur metabolism going :)

it's the weekend! so only a couple more days till weight check date eek! I really hope I have lost something ..... anything!

I try to remember breakfast, most important meal of the day and all that! but I find it difficult to eat first thing on a morning, I am just not hungry, but i'll keep trying to work through that

We have been good all week so today is 'treat saturday' which meals tonight after tea we are allowed just a couple squares of chocolate each yay hehe!

well it's end of week 1 and i have lost 4lb's so i am very very pleased with that!

heres to week 2!

Oh well done! Hope you do as well this week too X

I kinda fell off the wagon last week and put on 2lb's but i have a new lease of life this week and a new focus (TTC date has been brought forward although not changed ticker yet as too scared hehe)

I did a mid week weight check this morning and going good, i am down the 2lb i put on last week so thats good, now i have the other half of the week to try and shift another pound or 2!

Yesterday and today I did my salsa DVD, it was difficult in the heat but i did it and feel better for it :)

Ur doing well, I had given up but need to get back on it, u seem to know what ur doing, keep going

I have been struggling! but i am paying for it in more ways than 1, i have put on that pesky 2lb again and also my IBS is playing up bigtime.

Today i have been good, i had special K for breakfast and then 1/2 can soup, bread bun and some raisins for lunch.

We have to go shopping tonight so i am planning on getting some salmon and haveing salmon & salad for tea.

feeling very ashamed of myself, falling off the wagon so soon after starting

tea was sooooooooooo yummy last night, we had a lovely salad that consisted of lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, celery, spring onion, raisins, walnuts, apple & carrot and we had this with some yummy salmon that we covered in cajan spice and then wrapped in foil and cooked in the oven. Oh it was just so so yummy! :)

another good day!

Breakfast - special K with skimmed milk

Lunch - 1/2 can pea & ham soup, 2 slices of wholemeal bread with thin layer of spread, a low fat vanilla yogurt & 1 pink and white

Tea - salad (lettuce, tomatoes, celery, pepper, spring onion, croutons, pine nuts, apple) with homemade coronation chicken (made with light mayo)

Need to work on increasing my water intake, so will work on that tomorrow :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->