Buying baby stuff already, ive gone mad!!!

M

mummy_k

Hi ladies, well as it says in the title i cant stop buying things for baby num2, i arnt even going to start ttc untill late sept, but already i have got-
a changing bag
1 pack of nappies
5 bottles
12 dummys
1 girl t-shirt and 1 boy t-shirt
7 vests
3 hats
and a few other bits!!! :dohh:

am i tempting fate!! :blush:

have any of you brought any :baby: bits yet?

You nutter! :laugh2: I can't believe you have bought nappies of all things :D

I haven't bought anything yet, but I do plan to pick up some stuff when we are on holiday. Nothing large, probably just a few cute (Disney related) outfits. I thought long and hard before I suggested this to DH because I didn't know if it were tempting fate, but I don't really think there is such a thing as tempting fate.

Runs and hides from the eternal damnation for beliveing in fate, but not being able to tempt it

Hehe! On a serious note, when we discussed it I decided that we are only starting to TTC while we are there, and that anything we buy will be for any future child, not for a specific pregnancy and so if something did happen then I don't think I'd feel that bad over it. If however, I bought something whilst pregnant, and then the unthinkable happened I might feel differently.

:shrug: I don't know... I think, if you are happy with this then there is no reason why not :hugs:

I don't think it's tempting fate at all. I wouldn't go too mad, but sometimes, you see bargains or just something that's so god damn cute you can't resist and it kinda seems like you "have" to! ha! I have got a few freebies and stuff, baby related! I think the hardest thing though will be when we're pregnant, to hold off on buying stuff! x

well i had 3 packs free from mam and the others were a bargain couldnt resist :rofl: lets hope baby num 2 will actually have a dummy :rofl:

No I havn't I just can't, even looking at baby clothes pulls my heart strings !! LOL
I would like to wait until the baby is born this time and then get thing's as with Jack I had too much of somethings and too little of others. Plus I would like it to be a surprise :D

i haven't bought anything, but my mum's got tons of baby clothes she's bought over the years for when i do eventually have a baby!
xx

I'm not going to buy anything until after I get pregnant (If I manage to!) and after 12 week scan. I don't know why but for me personally I wouldn't feel right buying anything until then.

Don't think it's tempting fate though, and everyone prepares in different ways! Best of luck for when you ttc!

i don't think its tempting fate at all! i haven't brought anything for baby no 2, though i'm constantly window shopping for him/her xx

Nope I havent bought anything, I got a free nappy and pack of Wipes with a baby magazine tho, so I have now created a "Baby box" for anything baby related to go into! (Helps to hide everything from nosey friends and family when they pop round too! lol) xx

I just mentally map out the spare bedroom and turn in into a nursery but haven't actually bought anything. Imagine what is going where etc, and how on earth will things fit. Sigh.

Yup, yup, yup, window shopping, that's my hobby!!! I have two baby grows, Pink Panther, I just couldn't resist myself. Some little orange trainers (more on the team yellow side) and a little teddy bear... I want more, and have seen tonnes of cute baby clothes but as I want to be on team yellow I won't buy specific things... But that will probably be after the 12 week scan... xxxxx

I haven't bought anything, but am eyeing stuff up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->