buying baby stuff

missmayhem

Mummy to 2 little cuties
Reaction score
this morning i got my BFN that confirmed i had miscarried

however........

i have seen the pram i want, and to top it all its and bloody half price. mamas and papas pliko switch including the new primo viaggio ES and a footmuff all for just under £300, normally the pram alone is near the 400 mark....

should or shouldn't i buy it???????

we plan on trying again straight away and saving so much money isn't to be laughed at.

also the carry cot is down from 235 to 90.....

arrrrrgg help

So sorry for your loss :(

I'm not a good influence I'm afraid because if it was the exact one I wanted and at such a saving then I would! lol! If you feel funny with it in the house you could always ask someone you trust to keep it at theirs still all "wrapped" xx

I dont believe you can jinx future pregnancies, if it cheap i say get it! put it in the loft or out of sight though as it may depress you if you keep looking at it. when i got my bfp i brought loads, and am still looking for the things i want on ebay, if they came up cheap, and you know they wont again, then i say buy, anything to save you money! I am sure our time will come, and we will be holing our little ones in our arms in no time! (please , please, please) xxxx

sorry 4 ur loss hun, i dont listen 2 that saying its bad luck 2 buy things cos i never did n it didnt go well 4 me so i have started getting things i see especially if its on offer only little bits tho lol x

Buy it!

It will cheer you up and kick start that positive attitude - you'll have a baby soon anyway!

So sorry for your lossxxxxxx

Personally I don't buy into the whole 'jinxing' the pregnancy thing either. I bought some babygros when I first found out I was pregnant in 2008 and it turned out to be ectopic. Last year I bought nothing ...... and it was also ectopic!

But I do understand why some people are nervous buying things in early pregnancy though. I ask myself how I'll feel if this pregnancy isn't viable and I'm not meant to have a baby and I'm left with a room full of baby bits. But I think the positive mental attitude that you WILL get there one day outweighs any unfounded superstition.

This time I won't resist if I saw something on sale I wanted. In fact my husband just asked what I'd like for my birthday at then end of the month and I said 'if the scan is OK then a Silver Cross pram please!' :lol:

Very sorry for your loss also. :hugs:

errrrrr just back from mothercare.......

i've developed a love for maternity clothing lol, bit over weight and their clothes sit on me better, £25 top is now mine for 2.50 yeeeeaah

oh and a steam sterilizer for half price or less.......

they had tommi tippie ones way down in price but i've heard bad reviews about them....

sorry for your loss hun :hugs:
we bought a cot , a tiger outfit for newborn, a few new born clothes and i got some maternity clothes when i was pregnant - iv got them but there being 'stored' at my mums house until i get pregnant again (fingers crossed will be soon) i see it as you will need them in the end and why wait to pay full price when you can get them now and be prepared for half the cost? ;) im terrible with buying things lol! all the best sweety xx

well i have the cot already sorted, my mum kept mine.....

i think its rather cute that my baby will be sleeping in my cot???

I'm glad I'm not the only one buying bits and bobs! I'm sure my husband thinks I'm mad.

he only thinks what the rest of us know :flower: lol

when there is a saving to be made we may as well make it. lets face it i'll need a sterilizer even thou i intend on breastfeeding.

Im sorry for your loss :hugs:
But i agree with the other girls. Buying stuff when your not even pregnant yet is fine! And if its on sale, it would be silly to wait 6 months and then buy it full price!
Good luck, and I hope you get a sticky bean soon
:dust:
xx

I've got everything ready lol, and at such a cheap price I'd say go for it hunny. So sorry for your loss xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->