C section and scared.

fashionlover

Reaction score
I am 40 days away from my schedule c section. It seems so far away, but when I start thinking about it, I get really nervous. Any words of wisdom or encouragement is welcome. :winkwink:

Please don't worry about the csection Hun. People make such a stink about it and goodness knows why it's no big deal. My csection was an emergency and I found it very easy. Recovery was a walk in the park, I was up next day and doing laundry. Nothing more than a bad abdominal workout ... Don't make people worry you, it's really not bad at all.

Wss^^^

I had mine 12 days ago and honestly I asked to go home after 2 days in hospital coz I was up walking around the ward after 24 hours...
I stopped pain killers after 4 days (I was only taking paracetamol anyway)
And I was doing dishes and washing and cleaning out my linen cupboard and laundry the day I got home (my nesting kicked in really late lol)

I am feeling fine now... My wound is totally awesome and it's only like 12cm long and it is still tender to touch but nothing I notice throughout the day...

In fact I just finished bfing my lil man and I'm strapping him into his pram to go for a stroll with dh...

It's honestly how it attitude is...
I was nervous as hell being wheeled into surgery but as soon as they pull the buba out u forget it all!

Goodkuck

One person's experience is not the same as everyone else's. My recovery was not at all easy, quick or pleasant (though mine was after 2 days of unmedicated labor and no sleep - I'm sure that had an impact). I wouldn't wish what I went through on anyone. But I did eventually recover and life went on as normal. Yours could be easy, it could be very difficult or anywhere in between. But however it goes, it'll be over eventually and you'll have a beautiful baby to focus on. Good luck and don't stress. Whatever will happen, will happen. Stress won't make it better, it can only make it worse. Just take it as it comes and deal with it one day at a time. I'm sure you'll be fine. Even in my case, the worry was still worse than the reality :)

I've no advice but i'm sure it will be fine! I've seen lots of positive c/s stories where people have recovered quickly, don't worry yourself, just look forward to holding your baby xxx

My c-section is scheduled in 9 days! I'm pretty nervous myself and was devastated when I found out I had to have one but as time gets closer I have accepted it completely and am getting more and more excited to meet my baby.

What has helped me so far is reading about c-sections so I know what to expect and then reading a lot of positive experiences. Like two other PP shared here. Don't pay attention to the negative or difficult experiences. Yes, it can happen but it won't help you prepare in any way. Feeling good and excited about your baby coming is the ideal emotion your after. Nothing else serves you.

Good Luck. Hopefully I'll have a positive experience to share with you soon.

You will be fine! I had an emergency section and at yhe time it was scary but only because I was so tired and doped up after labour but afterwards I was fine a bit shaky due to blood loss but I felt fine xx

I was just like you. I chose a csection and was excited for it but also unsure how I would deal with it. I was scared of the cannula, the spinal thwm cutting me etc but it was amazing. I didnt know they had cut me. The worst bit for me was the blood pressure cuff they put on me was too big for my little arm lol. I was helped out of bed 6 hours after. Next day after catheter was out there was no stopping me. The day after c section they left me 11 hours without pain relief but I was fine. I stayed in 2 nights and when I got home I stopped meds as they made me drowsy. I have had worse period and ibs pain. I feel lucky and now worry I had it too easy. Lol. One thing I had was on one side I kept getting a pulling sensation and apparantly its the side the surgeon stitched from. It was mainly when trying to sit or stand from the loo :D

Xx

I had an emergency section 3 days ago, it was scary going into theatre & I was very sleep for a bit afterwards and couldn't focus on anything. I was breast feeding after I had come round for 20 mins :) I needed help with changing and breast feeding baby due to the catheter. I was on the ward by 11pm and by 8 am the next morning I had my catheter removed and was showered and had a little wander down the corridor. I was home on day 2 as my recovery was so good and I felt great. My blood loss is almost gone now :)

Mine was en emergency one too but it was fine! Recovery really rapid and you can't even see my scar now. Can defo recommend haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->